MassCompile and _DIR

Hi

This question is moved from the Wiki Use svn directories

If LabVIEW don't MassCompile directories starting with a _, what is then the purpose to have directories in the LabVIEW folder starting with a _?

I have installed the JKI statemachine and it is placed under Addons and named "_JKI Toolkits".

If I made a masscompile of the LabVIEW folder, the _JKI Toolkits folder will not be compiled.

regards Bjarne

QUOTE (Bjarne Joergensen @ Mar 3 2009, 03:16 PM)

...what is then the purpose to have directories in the LabVIEW folder starting with a _?

Putting a _ at the start of an item in those folders means that LabVIEW will skip them when it's populating it's menus (and palettes?), not when it's mass compiling.

QUOTE (crelf @ Mar 3 2009, 09:42 PM)

Putting a _ at the start of an item in those folders means that LabVIEW will skip them when it's populating it's menus (and palettes?), not when it's mass compiling.

Then there is a fail in the "Wiki, Use svn directories".

It says: Use "_svn" directories instead of ".svn" directories so that the LabVIEW mass compiler doesn't try to compile these directories. Right?

Yes, I have seen the "Rigtht?" but no one has argued against it, so I assumed that it was a fact. :rolleyes:

But back to the problem then. How can I avoid LV to Mass compile .svn directories. Is there a way?

Best regards Bjarne

QUOTE (Antoine Châlons @ Mar 4 2009, 01:55 PM)

Antoine, thanks for the tip :beer:

It would be nice if NI would ad an option to the mass compile function, so you could avoid DIR of your own choise :)

regards Bjarne

Here comes the deeper question, when should one mass compile it's source directory?

You don't get any 'This feature has changed for LabVIEW x.x' messages, you hardly get warnings.

I believe that excluding certain directory from mass compile is unwanted behaviour.

What happens if you have a.vi with a link to _dir\b.vi, and you mass compile and ignore _dir*.*?

Ton