Cluster border thickness

vugie

I'm facing similar problem as in this topic.

I have a compact cluster of few controls and I would like to get listbox-like behavior with it. The natural way to do it is array of clusters. But even with transparent color the cluster frame still has its 4 px thickness, which makes 8 px gap between elements in array. I can't afford this as my cluster without a frame has 10 px height.

Did anyone found any new way to overcome it? I have 8.2 - maybe in newer versions anything has changed at this field?

What could be an alternative way to get listbox-like behavior without element gaps?

I want to get sth like this (without these gaps):

post-7450-125309113975_thumb.png

(it is just a sketch - I know that I can remove frame from individual controls, clip them a little, etc. - but still 8 px gap cannot be removed)

Edited by vugie

Did anyone found any new way to overcome it? I have 8.2 - maybe in newer versions anything has changed at this field?

What could be an alternative way to get listbox-like behavior without element gaps?

I want to get sth like this (without these gaps):

post-7450-125309113975_thumb.png

(it is just a sketch - I know that I can remove frame from individual controls, clip them a little, etc. - but still 8 px gap cannot be removed)

This has been asked for before and thanks to Aristos Queue we have a solution (only on LAVA :yes:).

http://lavag.org/top...dpost__p__28056

/J

• Like 1

This has been asked for before and thanks to Aristos Queue we have a solution (only on LAVA :yes:).

http://lavag.org/top...dpost__p__28056

/J

Thanks! It's really cool.

Of course LAVA lost the attachment, but I found it posted at OpenG forums: http://forums.openg.org/index.php?showtopic=594&mode=linearplus

And here is how the control looks like now:

post-7450-125309983219_thumb.png

Edited by vugie

0 px border would be very hard (if no impossible) to do right-click on it. I think the most optimal solution would be to make such cluster control which clips its content with outside rectangle. Then even thick border made transparent would truly appear as no border (not clipping out controls it overlaps with), still being clickable. Also any border thickness (up to 4) might be applied then by "pasting at same size" any rectangular decoration.

AQ: possible?

I think these two are the ones that AQ posted originally.. (I safely tucked them away in my svn repo. :) )

I think these are saved in 8.6.

What is the functional difference between the three controls now posted?

They all look like they give the same effect to my eye.

???

???

The difference will be clearly visible when you put something into a cluster, set "Size to fit" and then make an array of clusters. It is a difference between 1 px and 2 px element gap.

The difference will be clearly visible when you put something into a cluster, set "Size to fit" and then make an array of clusters. It is a difference between 1 px and 2 px element gap.

I get no visual difference between OnePixelBorder and TopLeftBorder. Functional difference is the TopLeftBorder cluster is harder to select--I have to go to the top or left border to do so since there is no bottom or right border.

Of course this is what I did when I said I could not see any difference.

It all looks the same to me

My eye maybe out tho?? :wacko:

Can it be that the hack is no longer working in LV 8.6 and higher?

(I think the original was made in LV8.5)

/J

Sorry, to correct my grammer...

I can see the difference between the native LabVIEW cluster and the three posted .ctls when I create arrays of these clusters.

I cannot see any difference between each of the three posted .ctls when I create arrays of these clusters.

This was in version 8.6..

I just checked 2009 and have to confirm they now look the same.. Looks like this little gem of a hack is broken in LV2009. :(

Well its not completely broken - its much better then the native version.

I am happy to gave gotten the downloads form this topic, even if it is one.

:lol:

???

In fact there is no difference when used directly after "sizing to fit". But after additional clipping difference is visible:

post-7450-125326705219_thumb.png