About This File
UI Tools v1.4.0
Copyright © 2009-2016, François Normandin
All rights reserved.
Contact Info: Contact via PM on www.lavag.org
Created and tested with LabVIEW 2012
OpenG Application Control Library >= 220.127.116.11
OpenG Array Library >= 18.104.22.168
OpenG File Library >= 22.214.171.124
OpenG LabVIEW Data Library >= 126.96.36.199
OpenG String Library >= 188.8.131.52
LAVA Palette >= 184.108.40.206
This package contains tools for designing user interfaces.
- A first palette helps create special effects using transparency of front panel. Using them allows to quickly create fade-ins or outs using linear or exponential variation of the intensity.
- A second palette contains VIs to calculate the position of GObjects for many purposes like alignment, snap, mouse follow, etc.
- A third palette contains VIs to create dialog boxes based on class instances. "Simple Error Dialog" and "Simple Selection List" are featured with or without backrground blackening effect.
- A fourth palette includes some VIs to move objects programmatically on the front panel, using a basic deceleration algorithm to provide an impression of a smooth movement.
The packaged VIs are all namespaced using a suffix “__lava_lib_ui_tools” which should not conflict with any of your own code.
- Front Panel Transparency (Fade In & Fade Out)
- Utilities (Alignment, Snap)
- Dialog (OOP based, extensible)
- Engine (Beta) for object movement
This package is distributed on the LabVIEW Tools Network (version 1.3) and updates are on LAVA (1.4). It can be installed directly in the addon folder of any LabVIEW version from 2012 to now. The addon installs automatically under the LAVA palette of the addon submenu.
Distributed under the BSD license.
If you have any problems with this code or want to suggest features, please go to www.lavag.org and navigate to the discussion page.
What's New in Version 220.127.116.11 See changelog
- 1.1.0 Package revisited to conform to the LabVIEW Tools Network requirements.
- Some VIs have been renamed because the names did not meet with NI guidelines. These VIs have been labeled "Legacy" on the icon. They are kept in the llb to preserve backwards compatibility. These VIs are for the moment exactly the same as those found in the palettes, but they will no longer be supported in future upgrades to the package. Everyone should use the palettes VIs for future development.
- Added polymorphic VIs for Fade In/Out, instead of a variant input for fade time (ms).