Customizing the standard gauge

koff1

Hi!

I am new to labview and do not know how to customize the standard labview indicators. 

What I want to do is this:

Customize the standard Gauge in Labview, modern, to look more like an aircraft altitude indicator. This implies a gauge reaching from 0 to 9, two needles, one a bit shorter than the other, and the distance between 0 and 9 needs to be the same as between all the other numbers. I also need to get rid of the X.5 numbers.

I have successfully added a second needle and right clicked, advanced, customize. The problem is I can’t figure out how to resize only one needle, and I am not able to remove the X.5 numbers and change the distance between 0 and 9.

Could anyone please help me with this?

FOr the .x, you should change the formatting of the scale to %d.

You can change the position of the minimum and maximum by clicking on the outside of the maximum of the scale.

To rotate the scale click on the outside of the minimum.

To change the size of the needle, I think you have to copy the needle to word, edit the size and copy it back.

But I am not sure, I would check this on a dummy control.

Ton

QUOTE (Ton @ Apr 29 2009, 01:34 PM)

FOr the .x, you should change the formatting of the scale to %d.

You can change the position of the minimum and maximum by clicking on the outside of the maximum of the scale.

To rotate the scale click on the outside of the minimum.

To change the size of the needle, I think you have to copy the needle to word, edit the size and copy it back.

But I am not sure, I would check this on a dummy control.

Ton

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

I have managed everything except changing one of the arrow sizes. If I use copy paste and resize outside labview, the new resized arrow does not rotate properly, it seems like it sticks to one point, (not the center). If I resize in labview both arrows get the same size

Kristoffer

• 1 year later...