RUN SUBVI

vane

HI,

I have a problem...I want to run a main vi .exe and when it calls the subvi the subvi runs.

I use the Open VI reference, the Invoke node FP Open and then the Invoke node RUn VI but it doesn't work.

It shows the subvi front panel but it doesn't run.

Thanks

Prova.zip

HI,

I have a problem...I want to run a main vi .exe and when it calls the subvi the subvi runs.

I use the Open VI reference, the Invoke node FP Open and then the Invoke node RUn VI but it doesn't work.

Thanks

Hello,

Are you sure there is no error before you call the Run VI method?

You can try to disconnect the error input on this method and see if then the VI is ran.

HI,

Thanks

Hi,

Do you have this problem when running the code under labview, or only when having compiled the exe?

I had the same problem. Used Open, Control Value Set (variant version), Run VI. Got the same behavior, diagram opened, did not seem to be running. Turns out there was an error in the vi I was opening, it ran once, too fast to notice. When I fixed that, it worked fine, both under Labview and as an Exe. Could it be something like that?

Espen

Hello,

Are you sure there is no error before you call the Run VI method?

You can try to disconnect the error input on this method and see if then the VI is ran.

I try to disconnect the error input on this method and now the VI is ran but I don't understand where is the error...

Thanks a lot

If you have Alpha.vi that calls Beta.vi and you are running Alpha.vi, you cannot use the Run method on Beta.vi. A VI cannot simultaneously be both a top-level VI and a subVI. (A VI can be a subVI of two different top-level VIs.) I believe that if you make the VI reentrant and then in Open VI Reference you set the Options input to give you a new reentrant clone that then you can call Run on the reentrant clone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Do you have this problem when running the code under labview, or only when having compiled the exe?

I had the same problem. Used Open, Control Value Set (variant version), Run VI. Got the same behavior, diagram opened, did not seem to be running. Turns out there was an error in the vi I was opening, it ran once, too fast to notice. When I fixed that, it worked fine, both under Labview and as an Exe. Could it be something like that?

Espen

I remove all the errors but if the main is . exe the subvi doesn't run and it shows the following error:

The VI is not executable. The full development version of LabView is required to fix the errors.

I try to create the subvi as Exe or gets the property "Run when opened" but it doesn't work.

I remove all the errors but if the main is . exe the subvi doesn't run and it shows the following error:

The VI is not executable. The full development version of LabView is required to fix the errors.

I try to create the subvi as Exe or gets the property "Run when opened" but it doesn't work.

In order to recreate the message, I needed to use a path to a broken vi(broken run arrow).

Have you tried simplifying the Play Dektec.vi? Maybe reduce it to a while loop with a timer, then re-enable functionality to pinpoint where the problem is? I assume this sub vi runs correctly under lab view. Could we have a look at the sub VI?