Anyone running LV2009 and Vista Ultimate 32bit

Hello Anders

I am running 8.6.1 and 2009 at Home on Vista Ultimate 32bit.

I am not running the others you mentioned.

The reason being, as far as I am aware 8.2 is not compatible with Vista.

8.2.1 was the compatiabilty changeover.

Cheers

Hello Anders

I am running 8.6.1 and 2009 at Home on Vista Ultimate 32bit.

I am not running the others you mentioned.

The reason being, as far as I am aware 8.2 is not compatible with Vista.

8.2.1 was the compatiabilty changeover.

Cheers

May I ask if you use English language package and what antivirus and/or firewall you use?

Hello

Anyone of you running LV2009 and Vista Ultimate 32bit? Additionallly also having LabVIEW 7.1.1, 8.0.1, 8.2.1, 8.51 and 8.61 installed?

I have after larger numbers of reinstallation attempts not got 2009 to work sad.gif

I have 8.5.1, 8.6.1 and 2009 on Vista Business 32-bit with no problems.

Thanks! Maybe its the firewall that messup my installation.

At work we had "dirty" installs from the first 8.6 (or 8.6.1 - can't remember) dev suite installer discs. It seems Kaspersky on VISTA was to blame, along with some super long file paths that results when we stored the discs on our server.

Also, I have to turn Kapsersky off just to build an installer. :frusty:

Just to report that I am running LabVIEW 2009 on 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate and initially at least it seems to be also working. I haven't tried most of the feature though :)

We should be able to get Windows 7 RTM through our MSDN subscription soon (if not now) - I would like to look at upgrading so that's good to hear.

Damn work PCs Intel chips don't support virtualisation, will have to push the boss for an upgrade :)

Just to report that I am running LabVIEW 2009 on 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate and initially at least it seems to be also working. I haven't tried most of the feature though :)

Maybe the solution is to install Labview 2009 in VM with Windows 7 or upgrade this machine to W7. But it seems very strange way to solve it.

I have deinstallad everything related to NI and the firewall/antivirus too, took several hours, reinstalled Labview 2009 and its the same error :frusty::frusty: "The installation of this software may be corrupt.."

What's the problem? Doesn't install? Installs with errors? Installs, but running it doesn't work? ...

It installs without any error messages. When I try to start Labview 2009 after the reboot it says "The installation of this software might be corrupt..." and then it stops :( Only visible sign of the software running is the error message but looking in the task manager it launches and stops.

It is really really strange! I have tried to look for any installation log but not found such a log file.

Edited by Anders Björk
  • 4 weeks later...

It installs without any error messages. When I try to start Labview 2009 after the reboot it says "The installation of this software might be corrupt..." and then it stops :( Only visible sign of the software running is the error message but looking in the task manager it launches and stops.

It is really really strange! I have tried to look for any installation log but not found such a log file.

Seems only solution for me is to get a XP licence and make a VM and install Labview 2009 under that. So far no more suggestion from NI that have helped. I have reinstalled 8.6 and it works.

Edited by Anders Björk

Seems only solution for me is to get a XP licence and make a VM and install Labview 2009 under that. So far no more suggestion from NI that have helped. I have reinstalled 8.6 and it works.

I've just installed LV2009 on Vista Ultimate x32 to see if I get the same problems. I didn't and it is working fine. Are you sure you are installing the 32 bit version of LV 2009 and not the 64 bit version? I didn't try the x64 to see if the installer complains.

Edited by ShaunR

Just to let you know, I am having the same problem, but on XP. I have a laptop running LV 8.6.1, which when attempting to install LV 2009, I get the error: "The installation of this application may be corrupt. Use Add or Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel to attempt to repair this program." I have tried installing from the distribution DVDs and also the downloaded version. I have tried upgrading from Win XP SP2 to SP3. I have tried uninstalled ALL NI software before each attempt, including using msiBlast.exe, as suggest by NI support to make sure everything is uninstalled. NI support provided a half-hearted attempt to help, but nothing worked. I finally gave up and re-installed 8.6.1. I had installed LV 2009 successfully on my desktop computer and had upgraded an application, but I had to downgrade back to 8.6.1 to get it to load on the laptop.

My laptop is a HP Pavilion 6000, Centrino Duo 1.73 GHz, 1GB RAM, nVidia GeForce Go 7400.

The only other thing I could think to try would be re-installing XP from scratch, but this would take several days because of other software which is installed. I have a lot of Rockwell software installed on this laptop, and have wondered if there is any interference. Are you running any Rockwell software?

Just to let you know, I am having the same problem, but on XP. I have a laptop running LV 8.6.1, which when attempting to install LV 2009, I get the error: "The installation of this application may be corrupt. Use Add or Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel to attempt to repair this program." I have tried installing from the distribution DVDs and also the downloaded version. I have tried upgrading from Win XP SP2 to SP3. I have tried uninstalled ALL NI software before each attempt, including using msiBlast.exe, as suggest by NI support to make sure everything is uninstalled. NI support provided a half-hearted attempt to help, but nothing worked. I finally gave up and re-installed 8.6.1. I had installed LV 2009 successfully on my desktop computer and had upgraded an application, but I had to downgrade back to 8.6.1 to get it to load on the laptop.

My laptop is a HP Pavilion 6000, Centrino Duo 1.73 GHz, 1GB RAM, nVidia GeForce Go 7400.

The only other thing I could think to try would be re-installing XP from scratch, but this would take several days because of other software which is installed. I have a lot of Rockwell software installed on this laptop, and have wondered if there is any interference. Are you running any Rockwell software?

Good to hear from you!

My laptop is an LG P300 ,Core2duo 2,5 GHz and Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS. I do not belive I have anything from Rockwell. I have C++ and C# Microsoft Express, VMWare Workstation, GNU Octave with QTOctave, SQL Server Express 2005, PerfectDisk, Mindmanager among others.

I done the same as you except not trying upgrading my Vista machine to SP2. The same level of help from NI it seems.

We both have Nvidia cards could that be it?

I've just installed LV2009 on Vista Ultimate x32 to see if I get the same problems. I didn't and it is working fine. Are you sure you are installing the 32 bit version of LV 2009 and not the 64 bit version? I didn't try the x64 to see if the installer complains.

I am sure its the 32bit version I have installed. Thanks anyway. Do you have any language packs installed?

FWIW, I'm in the midst of going back and forth with NI customer support just trying to get LabVIEW 2009 activated. This is on a laptop with a couple other versions of LV installed. I got it to activate just fine on a desktop (both computers running XP). But what is interesting is that NI keeps asking me if I have a desktop or laptop, as if this makes a difference for some reason. It sounds like others might be having problems with a laptop installation, also. No solutions, just an observation...

(BTW, NI support has been very proactive about helping me with this.)

Cat

FWIW, I'm in the midst of going back and forth with NI customer support just trying to get LabVIEW 2009 activated. This is on a laptop with a couple other versions of LV installed. I got it to activate just fine on a desktop (both computers running XP). But what is interesting is that NI keeps asking me if I have a desktop or laptop, as if this makes a difference for some reason. It sounds like others might be having problems with a laptop installation, also. No solutions, just an observation...

Cat

FWIW????

The Vista x32 installation I tried above was on a Acer Core Duo Laptop. It's probably got more to do with multiple installations. I always have problems with activation since I have to do them manually and (for me) its not worth the aggro having multiple installations.

Cat

Did you get the same error message "The installation of this software might be corrupt" when trying to run lv2009?

It now solved with some more help from NI, it had to do with permission on folders in the folder "C:\Documents andSettings\[user name]\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\[Windows User ProfileGUID]". Possibly it had to do with the upgrade from Vista B. to Vista Ultimate.

Edited by Anders Björk