DAQ 6008 problems

alexb

Didn't know under what category it falls but here's the prob -- > I work with DAQ 6008 (for Measurements).

For instance , i wanna measure Voltage. But i can use only one channel in the DAQ. If I use another channel to Measure something else , It says that The DAQ is already in use.

How can I write a program that can run measurements simultaneously in 2 channels (or more) ?

How do I write this program? Am I suppose to Duplicate the DAQ VI or can I use only one VI with two exits (for the 2 channels) ?

Didn't know under what category it falls but here's the prob -- > I work with DAQ 6008 (for Measurements).

For instance , i wanna measure Voltage. But i can use only one channel in the DAQ. If I use another channel to Measure something else , It says that The DAQ is already in use.

How can I write a program that can run measurements simultaneously in 2 channels (or more) ?

How do I write this program? Am I suppose to Duplicate the DAQ VI or can I use only one VI with two exits (for the 2 channels) ?

Have you tried using the DAQ Assistant? You should be able to select multiple channels with the ctl key.

There are plenty of examples for DAQ supplied with Labview under Hardware Input and Output->DAQmx (Use the examples Finder). You should find something there that demonstrates what you want to achiive.

I think what is happening is that you are trying to execute two tasks that both require the same resources. Take a look at this link in particular Case 6 it will explain things in a bit more detail.

What you need to do instead is combine two or more channels into one measurement task. Open up example finder and find the example "Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi" you can make this example acquire multiple channels by selecting on the Physical Channel input then Browse and then from the dialog select multiple channels as shown.

post-1058-125296604533_thumb.jpg