Responsibilities regarding SuperSecret stuff

jcarmody

I've begun a RCF plugin that extracts the contents of a snippet made with the Code Capture Tool in LabVIEW 8.6, and it uses some SuperSecret stuff.  Is it Ok if I leave the Block Diagram unlocked?

BTW - this is only useful if folks use the CCT to make snippets in pre-2009 LabVIEW.  Do you think you'll do that?

It's ONLY OK if you leave the BD unlocked. I hate locked diagrams and those who go looking in the code should know to be careful with stuff like this.

As for the snippets, I don't have any real intentions of using even the ones in 2009, but if I did like them and I used an earlier version, I would definitely want an easy way of getting the code.

I've begun a RCF plugin that extracts the contents of a snippet made with the Code Capture Tool in LabVIEW 8.6, and it uses some SuperSecret stuff. Is it Ok if I leave the Block Diagram unlocked?

NI would prefer if you password protect those diagrams. The mystic ini token may not be the most secure gate latch ever, but it does generally keep the kids out of the briar patch. Scripting is being cleaned up for the next release, and at that point most of the operations that the token hides will be exposed but in ways that are closer to safe. Until then, please latch the gate behind you.

NI would prefer if you password protect those diagrams. The mystic ini token may not be the most secure gate latch ever, but it does generally keep the kids out of the briar patch. Scripting is being cleaned up for the next release, and at that point most of the operations that the token hides will be exposed but in ways that are closer to safe. Until then, please latch the gate behind you.

Those kids who are going to browse RCF plugin code, most probably already know this token.

I've begun a RCF plugin that extracts the contents of a snippet made with the Code Capture Tool in LabVIEW 8.6, and it uses some SuperSecret stuff.  Is it Ok if I leave the Block Diagram unlocked?

BTW - this is only useful if folks use the CCT to make snippets in pre-2009 LabVIEW.  Do you think you'll do that?

Depends where you host it I guess.

If you submit it to LAVACR is says no password protected VIs.

I always like to see what people are doing (hint: please do not PP :P)

But does the NI forums have any rules on this?

As I know Darren has mentioned that he has had to in the past.