LV error-?

Sharon_

Hi all,

I have been developing some applications in LV 2010. I have a lot of backup files on our server . Suddenly all my VIs have been rolled back to very old version(date) of my application. It is opening the same old- (' template' )VI again and again no matter which file I open. This problem is driving me crazy. It is LV or some kind of Virus? Is there a solution for this?

Please help...

Sharon

Edited by Sharon_

Hi all,

I have been developing some applications in LV 2010. I have a lot of backup files on our server . Suddenly all my VIs have been rolled back to very old version(date) of my application. It is opening the same old- (' template' )VI again and again no matter which file I open. This problem is driving me crazy. It is LV or some kind of Virus? Is there a solution for this?

Please help...

Sharon

I am not sure I understand your set up or problem, you have LabVIEW on a local PC with you VI's on a server ? and when you open a file you are getting a previous version ?

Could you describe your set up a bit more please. Are your backup files kept with different names or in different folders ?

cheers

Dannyt

Hi all,

Please help...

Sharon

Probably the IT virus yes.gif. Speak to your IT dept and ask hem if thy have done a restore recently.

Edited by ShaunR

Yeah. It was some kind IT virus.. wacko.gif Everything seems to be okie today. I took half day leave because of this problem, yesterday.. laugh.gif

Don't!

[rant]

Yes IT has a duty to protect the precious data of your company, however they should feel the pain when they screw up. Not you!

Recently our IT department has enablde User-agent filtering....

:throwpc:

[/rant]

Ton

Don't!

[rant]

Yes IT has a duty to protect the precious data of your company, however they should feel the pain when they screw up. Not you!

Recently our IT department has enablde User-agent filtering....

:throwpc:

[/rant]

Ton

Thats ok. Just write a quick proxy filter to modify it on the fly (if your not using firefox). Make sure you add to the version info field "IT ARE ANALLY RETENTIVE NUMB-NUTS " (in capitals so it's easy to spot in their logs)

Oh the joys of local admin privileges :)