• Similar Content

• By Taylorh140
      So I have a serious question. Does LabVIEW have a way (built in or library) of calculating the next larger or next smaller floating point value.
      C standard library "math.h" has two functions:
      nextafter, and nexttowards.
      I have put together a c function: that seems to do the trick nicely for single floats (well only for stepup):
      #include <math.h> #include <stdint.h> uint32_t nextUpFloat(uint32_t v){ uint32_t sign; = v&0x80000000; if (v==0x80000000||v==0){ //For zero and neg zero return 1; } if ((v>=0x7F800000 && v<0x80000000)||(v>0xff800000)){ //Check for Inf and NAN return v; //no higher value in these cases. } sign = v&0x80000000; //Get sign bit v&=0x7FFFFFFF; //strip sign bit if(sign==0){ v++; }else{ v--; } v=v|sign; //re merge sign return v; } I could put this in labVIEW, but these things are tricky and there are some unexpected cases. So its always better to use a reference. 

• By Axelwlt
      When the cursor in the numeric field of a numeric control is for example after the 10s/100s digit, the increment/decrement buttons have a step of 10/100. How can I prevent that? I always want a step of 1.
      I tried setting the Data Entry Increment property to 1 but that did not change this behaviour..
    • By drjdpowell
      This OpenG Review is closed. See Summary Post here. Please start a new thread to discuss new changes to this VI.
      Read this post for start of review.
      I’d like to suggest these three VIs (or similar) as possible LVOOP-object additions to the OpenG Toolkit:

“Get Class Name” is a modification of “Get Name of Class of Object” posted by AQ. Here it just returns the basic class name (which I use often in custom probes and the like).
      "Get Default Object” is inspired by this discussion and uses AQ’s zero-iteration loop method. This is a very simple VI, but using it instead of the raw code is much clearer to the reader.
      “Same or child class” just uses “Preserve Runtime Class” as a tester. Again, the advantage here is code readability (or it will be, as soon as someone comes up with a good icon for it).
      Thoughts?
      — James
      OpenG Suggestions.zip
    • By Wouter
      This OpenG Review is closed. See Summary Post here. Please start a new thread to discuss new changes to this VI.
      VI Name:
      Supress error
      Total VIs:
      Description:
      This VI has a integer (array), error code, as input and when the error code matches the error code on the error wire it supresses the error.
      Note:
      -
      Blockdiagram:
      Scalar:

Array:

Code:
      Supress Error.zip
      What are you thoughts on this VI?
      Would you like to see such a function in OpenG?
      Can you optimize the code?
      In which package should it be included?
      Should it be rejected?

• By jgcode
      This package will be available for download through VIPM in a few days and covers some new VIs.
      [MOD] 3419758 - Create new Random Number Within Range - I32 VI
      [NEW] 3422921 - Add Timestamp Constant

Kind regards
      Jonathon Green
      OpenG Manager
      I would also like to thank Ed Dickens for reviewing this package for release.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.