Filter Error Codes (Error Package)

Wouter

Maybe make the icon just as large as the normal clear icon...

But that goes against the reason for having a small compact VI i the first place :)

I am leaning towards this one.

post-17-0-78483800-1318139305.png

Anyone got any comments on the VIs Jim posted? Can it be enhanced?

post-17-0-64955300-1318031236_thumb.png

I am thinking that this satisfies the requirements of this review and that it should be used as is.

• Like 1

But that goes against the reason for having a small compact VI i the first place :)

I am leaning towards this one.

Is the gap between the small icon and the wires intentional? It does visually indicate that errors are cleared, but at the same time looks "wrong".

Is the gap between the small icon and the wires intentional? It does visually indicate that errors are cleared, but at the same time looks "wrong".

No, it is not.

It is talked about in the above posts tho, and we tried to minimize it.

I never said that I was in favour for the small compact VI :P

But anyway I think I would rather like to see the icon stretched out a little then having the little gabs.

How about this?

post-10515-0-52373900-1318530779.png

Crafty! I approve.

:worshippy:

Really? I posted that CP a few posts up and didn't get anywhere near the response for François! ...lol:

Yer, that was my though too from the initial CP I posted:

post-10325-0-16483600-1318139145.png

Or we could leave it out (no Upstream Error as per the example you posted)?

I am happy with that CP too. I have all the information I require. I will move this review to pending and close it in a few days.

Cheers

-JG

I'm with Wouter on this - just make the icon a bit wider. If you use François's trick, you will probably have problems with matching some of the wires, because they have a specific pattern and you would need to move the VI a couple of pixels this or that way to match it.

Here's a very quick example:

post-1431-0-90145600-1318758093.png

I think that this isn't too big and could probably be made better with a few minutes of polishing.

Thanks everyone for their input - all non-functional comments and suggestions have been reviewed with respect to updating the code Jim posted.

This OpenG Review is now closed. Please start a new thread to discuss new changes to this VI. Please PM me if there are any issues with this thread.

• Like 1