Copy Installer to Different Project

I feel like I've posted this before but can't find it anywhere...

Occasionally, I would like to copy an exe or installer setup from one project to another. Is this possible?

(I'm using 8.6.1)

Not really.....but...

The project file is xml. So in the past I have cut and pasted the section

<Item Name="Build Specifications" Type="Build">

</item>

and it worked fine.

• Like 1

I got bit after copying and refactoring a project, then installing the new application on the same PC as the original. The new installer deleted the original app and the old installer would quit when I tried to reinstall it. An NI AE told me how to fix it here.

• Like 1

I got bit after copying and refactoring a project, then installing the new application on the same PC as the original. The new installer deleted the original app and the old installer would quit when I tried to reinstall it. An NI AE told me how to fix it here.

Good point......

Don't forget to press the "Generate" button to regenerate the product code in the version page if your copying an installer.

The project file is xml. So in the past I have cut and pasted the section.

I actually got that to work this time. After about 3 tries. But I was hoping there was an easier way.

Yes, I am a google master.

You are The Man. :P

Doesn't appear to be a way, but that makes some sense as there is no guarantee of the same VIs being part of both projects.

Right, use with caution.

In my case, I have an installer that pulls executables created in a bunch of different projects. This installer is in one of those projects. I'm in the midst of a big code cleanup effort and thought that it would be better to group all the projects (just the *.lvproj file) into a project of projects, and then put the installer there.

I finally just ended up copying the project with the installation, deleting all the vis, and adding all the *.lvproj files. That left the original installation there, and more complete than after the xml cut-n-paste.