Integrating with 3rd party .net code requiring an embeded license

I'm curious if anyone has had any luck calling 3rd party .net code from LabVIEW that requires a licenses.licx file to be "embedded" into your executable (or else the 3rd party code will complain that it is not licensed.) Apparently this is a common scheme for people using visual studio.

I have a feeling that I may be out of luck here...

Does .NET have a license manager assembly that you could load beforehand and import the license at run-time?

In the past, I've dealt with .manifest files which allow you to basically late-bind resources to an executable. I'm not sure if this or a similar mechanism would work in your case.

I'm not sure. Apparently the .licx file just tells the visual studio compiler to use some sort of license compiler when building an application. The compiled application then includes information which enable certain components to determine if the calling application is licensed to use them.

My first attempt at contacting NI support resulted in me hearing the crickets chirping...though it looks like some of the measurement studio products use this same technology. Hopefully they will find the right person to talk to and get back to me with good news...

I'm not sure. Apparently the .licx file just tells the visual studio compiler to use some sort of license compiler when building an application. The compiled application then includes information which enable certain components to determine if the calling application is licensed to use them.

My first attempt at contacting NI support resulted in me hearing the crickets chirping...though it looks like some of the measurement studio products use this same technology. Hopefully they will find the right person to talk to and get back to me with good news...

I'm not sure how this stuff is implemented, but could it be simply so that the according license file is added as a resource to the executable? In that case it should be possible to hack the resulting LabVIEW executable to include this resource in its resource directory. Finding out the resource type and ID would then be the only challenge left to do.