Multicolumn listbox- copy/paste

Hi all,

In my application, I need to copy some of the row values from a multicolumn listbox control and paste the selected row in the next row of the same control.

When we right click on the control I see- Copy Data/ Paste Data options- but how does it work?

post-16569-0-19105600-1370734339_thumb.j

Thanks for your time and help.!!!

Sharon

That "Copy Data" and "Paste Data" will copy the data in the control.  For a Multicolumn Listbox this usually means a scalar I32 of which row is selected.  If you pasted the data into another listbox it would be set to the row you choose on the other.  You will need to perform your own copy and paste routine if you want to copy a row of data and not the row index itself.

Edited by hooovahh

Ditto what hooovahh said (for right click menu).

If you just want to copy the text from one location to another, use the edit/cut/paste in the labview main menu which are mapped to Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V etc.

It may seem a pain for things like a text control where you are used to windows copy and paste on a right click menu, but it makes more sense when you are copying entire arrays or clusters.