Durable DAQ USB hardware and software that is easy to use?

michelle827

Hi,because my new job, i need to learn to use data DAQ device. I browse some

forums and found some people recommend USB series.

Can anyone recommend me which brand’s DAQ USB is more durable and which

software did you use? 

I’m not good at writing program, so is there any good software that is easy to

understand and handle with? I've heard "DAQNAvi" but not so sure if it  is good to use,anyone tried it before?

Thanks so much!! :lightbulb:

Since you're posting to a LabVIEW-centric forum, I expect people are going to recommend NI hardware such as their cDAQ. I've used plenty of Advantech PCs and wasn't even aware they sold data acquisition hardware. Based on their support with their industrial PCs (poor knowledge of technical person, very long time to return calls, changing sales reps every 3-6 months, and very long repair times), I'm not inclined to use their DAQNAvi hardware.

I am wondering what happened to Tim_S

Were there any different story or just an unhappy experience? 

But this is just my own opinion, don't put too much emphasis on it.

haha

I can only relate my own experience as well; Advantech is huge and different groups within Advantech may give you different results.

We switched to Advantech for industrial computers for price and issues we were having with the previous supplier we used (~15+ years ago). We had the same sales person for quite a few years and service was good. After that person left, we had calls to the sales person (who never seemed to last more than 6 months) that would be weeks later or go unanswered (including calls requesting quotes). There was a rash of bad PCI bridges (this affected everyone) some years ago. Those were resolved quickly by technical support, but getting the computer back from the repair center was supposed to be 2 weeks; we had to make multiple phone calls over several days at 3 weeks to find out what was going on. We had a rash of bad hard drives and worked out an additional build and burn in procedure that we paid extra for, but was never followed. That was pretty typical of our experience.

We've had our current supplier, who is twice the price, for about 4 years now, but the salesman calls me back, everything shows up fully tested as standard procedure for them and typical turnaround on anything I've had to send back is about a week to week-and-a-half.

If I was a betting man I would say this os spam. A user with one post, then another user answers it who also has one post promotting another company.That being said I don't know if MyDAQ is a good solution if you need it to be rugged. But any DAQmx hardware is extremely easy to use. Start MAX and start using the hardware in seconds. Then open LabVIEW and an example or express vi to use the hardware. It can't be more simple.

Don't get me wrong I think a discussion about alternatives other then NI solutions is great.  But I have seen too many recent threads (mostly on the NI forums) where someone will post a question with their first post for a very specific thing.  Then a new member makes their first post promoting some other (usually software) solution which is shareware.  If this is not the case I apologize for jumping to conclusions.