Timeout event gone, -> OpenBinaryLibrary

On one system I'm working on, which is not under my sole control, I suddenly noted that the default case of the Event structure is not anymore Timeout, but OpenBinaryLibrary. Moreover, in the Edit Events dialog, I see events for <Application> which I haven't yet seen, and get an error if I try to create a Timeout case with connected timeout terminal. Never ran into such a thing so far.

Existing code using the Timeout event fails to compile, (Event data copy, err=1), or loads with messed up event structures (e.g. FitControlToPane instead of ValueChange). This is LV2014SP1.

Anyone has any clue about what could have happened? Keywords to search for are perhaps too generic. I have already cleared the compillation cache and rebooted the machine, next to try would be reinstall LV, but I'm wary of starting a long cycle.

TIA, Enrico

post-28229-0-98608900-1435585137.png

You probably have the following in the LabVIEW.ini file

That's what I thought too, but I do have those special keys and I don't have OpenBinaryLibrary.  So not only did something go wrong, but it went so wrong that some features even more secret than the super secret ones have been partially exposed.

It sounds like your code is royally hosed somehow.  Probably some kind of error where the timeout case is no longer valid, and the events are then shifted by one, which caused your value changes to turn into something else they probably shouldn't be.  Hope you have source code control.

I'd also bet that a repair install of LabVIEW will fix any new VIs made, but doubt it will fix any VIs saved that were in this broken state.  You're probably going to need to contact NI for any real support.  But thanks for sharing.

I'd also bet that a repair install of LabVIEW will fix any new VIs made, but doubt it will fix any VIs saved that were in this broken state.  You're probably going to need to contact NI for any real support.  But thanks for sharing.

Seems that repair-install has fixed it, indeed; I'm going now through the cycle of re-upgrading to 2014SP1 after having install-fixed and f1-patched. Code fortunately is all RCS and routinely pingponged across three other platforms, so no tears. But anyhow, turns out that code was ok, local LV not. Same code opened regularly elsewhere.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by ensegre