Sign in to follow this  
Thang Nguyen

TestStand should update step status in every loop interval

I am using TestStand 2010 so if this information is not correct for later version, please help me remove this topic.

In TestStand, when there is a step does not run because of previous condition step like "If", the status of that step will be left as empty. This returns a clear visual affect, in debugging, that this step has not run. But if I have a condition step and another step under this condition. If in the first interval this step ran and in the second interval this step didn't run, it still keep the status from the first run interval.If I just put a break point at the begin of the loop and click play instead of go through each step, I will think that these step ran in the second interval. Should it be better if there is a flag or something indicates that this step did not run at all?

Regards,

Thang Nguyen

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Srinivas Iyer
      Hello,
      I am trying to do the following (LabVIEW2019, TestStand2019, Windows 10)
      Create a new sub-property under RunState.Engine.TemporaryGlobals as Measurements.TestName_DateTimeStamp 
      My TS expression:
       //get a handle to runstate.engine.temporaryglobals
      Locals.tmp_prop_object = RunState.Engine.TemporaryGlobals,
      //create a new obj ref type property under this
      Locals.tmp_prop_object.AsPropertyObject.NewSubProperty(Locals.name1, PropValType_Reference, False, "",0),
      where Locals.name1 is Measurements.TestName_DateTimeStamp (e.g: RunState.Engine.TemporaryGlobals.Measurements.RxGain12_16_58AM)
      I now want to assign a LabVIEW class object to this property as:
      RunState.Engine.TemporaryGlobals.Measurements.RxGain12_16_58AM = Locals.tmp_obj_ref
      where Locals.tmp_obj_ref is the output terminal of a LabVIEW class and tmp_obj_ref is a TestStand variable of type Object Reference
      If I do it like this in the expression window, I can see that my RunState.Engine.TemporaryGlobals.RxGain12_16_58AM has been assigned a LabVIEW class object
      However, the value RxGain12_16_58AM is known to me only at run-time, so I cannot hard-code the assignment expression as above.
      Any pointers on how to achieve this?
      Basically if,
      Locals.name = "RxGain12_16_58AM" (created at run-time)
      then i want to be able to assign, during run-time:
      RunState.Engine.TemporaryGlobals.RxGain12_16_58AM = Locals.tmp_obj_ref

• By MRedRaider
      15. FIFTEEN. That's the number of current job postings  in my group. We're hiring! This is the most fulfilling, challenging, and rewarding position I've held. Job specific requirements listed on the website.

https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/search-jobs/Test%20Engineer/Grand%20Prairie%2C%20TX/694/1/4/6252001-4736286-4684904-4694482/32x74596/-96x99778/15/2
    • By Jean LINISA
      Bonjour,
      Je recherche pour une mission longue durée (1 an minimum) en région parisienne un(e) ingénieur(e) LabVIEW & TestStand expérimenté(e).
      Une certification CLD/CLA et/ou CTD serait fortement appréciée.
      Un backgroud en électronique/mécatronique serait un plus.
      Disponibilité ASAP
      Français obligatoire.
      Contactez-moi en MP ou par Mail
    • By Avital_Testview
      Hi all,
      We're excited to announce the public release of TVI – our industry-proven test management framework for LabVIEW:
      http://tvi.co
      TVI is a flexible and easy to use test sequencer and reports generator for LabVIEW based functional testers.

Key features:
      Simple and easy to use user interface Very short learning curve Creating test sequences in few clicks Viewing results in real time Exporting of data in various formats (CSV, PDF, HTML) Seamless integration with LabVIEW enables to write/edit tests directly from TVI (developer mode) Editing sequences and test parameters on the assembly line stations (runner mode, no need for LabVIEW) (TVI does not require TestStand to run)
      See it in action here: https://youtu.be/7Job4qMc66w

We’d love to get any feedback!

Thanks,

Avital

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.