GigE Vision events registration

Hello all!

I have a problem with registering to GigEVision events with LabVIEW & NI-IMAQdx

I work with Teledyne Dalsa Genie Nano G3-GC10-C1280IF camera with GigEVision interface.

It's documentation describes several events I can enable at the camera that will be "... sent on control channel when ..." particular situation occurs at the camera - e.g. @exposure end.

However, when I wire session wire to Register Events node, I still have options only for "Attribute Updated", "Frame done" and "Plug and Play". 

I would like to ask you for help in finding how does GigEVision events can be read/discovered/registered to through NI-IMAQdx.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Edited by _Mike_
add image

My speculation would be that NI implemented in IMAQdx only the support for the most common events, and that this is static. The fact that one particular camera has additional capabilities, and perhaps even advertises them when connected (like it does with its attributes) may simply not be taken into account. But I'm curious to know about too.

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently IMAQdx is pretty rigid when it comes to registering new events. I have failed to find any documentation on this topic but I have learned that PlugAndPlay events work only on FireWire cameras. 

Nevertheless I have managed to get event-like behavior from Genie Nano camera by setting up the camera to issue the events I was interested in - even though LabVIEW cannot handle them. However, Nano Genie does provide GenICam Attributes for timestamp of last triggered event; it allowed me to register for "Attribte updated" event on those attribute and by such trick - receive asynchronous updates from the camera.

• 5 years later...
On 7/11/2018 at 3:41 PM, _Mike_ said:

So apparently IMAQdx is pretty rigid when it comes to registering new events. I have failed to find any documentation on this topic but I have learned that PlugAndPlay events work only on FireWire cameras. 

Nevertheless I have managed to get event-like behavior from Genie Nano camera by setting up the camera to issue the events I was interested in - even though LabVIEW cannot handle them. However, Nano Genie does provide GenICam Attributes for timestamp of last triggered event; it allowed me to register for "Attribte updated" event on those attribute and by such trick - receive asynchronous updates from the camera.

Hi,

I know it's old thread but ... Do you have a sample code of this?

I try to use the "event reporting" function of a GigE Basler Racer camera for the  acquisitionStartOvertriggerEventData and LineStartOvertriggerEventData but can't find how I can program that so far.

Thank you!

Patrick