LabVIEW Community Edition Announced

4 minutes ago, Jordan Kuehn said:

A raspberry pi or an MCC HAT? I’d send you a pi, but I doubt I’ll buy a HAT until I know it will work with LabVIEW. 

The Pi is very easy to get. I have here a Beaglebone Black and a myRIO available. Also a RIOTboard and an older Atmel SAM7X embedded controller board, but they both are not supported by Linx. The MCC HAT needs to have some form of binary module interface in the form of a shared library to be accessible from C. Interfacing that interface with the LabVIEW Call Library Node definitely must be possible, it's just some busy work to do.

8 minutes ago, Rolf Kalbermatter said:

The Pi is very easy to get. I have here a Beaglebone Black and a myRIO available. Also a RIOTboard and an older Atmel SAM7X embedded controller board, but they both are not supported by Linx. The MCC HAT needs to have some form of binary module interface in the form of a shared library to be accessible from C. Interfacing that interface with the LabVIEW Call Library Node definitely must be possible, it's just some busy work to do.

You always make me smile when I read something similar to "just some busy work to do"! It's been a long time since I have had occasion to make LabVIEW wrappers with the CLFN and I did not relish that experience! Perhaps the open source code is workable? 

https://github.com/mccdaq/daqhats/

17 minutes ago, hooovahh said:

Unrelated - Nice mouse I have the same one.  Well I did until I left it at the office just before a stay-at-home order.

I've had this one for years now and I love it. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the stay-at-home order has not affected my daily commute to the home office.

19 minutes ago, Jordan Kuehn said:

You always make me smile when I read something similar to "just some busy work to do"! It's been a long time since I have had occasion to make LabVIEW wrappers with the CLFN and I did not relish that experience! Perhaps the open source code is workable? 

https://github.com/mccdaq/daqhats/

Seems definitely doable. A bit a shame that they have one seperate API for each hardware board.

From the VIWeeks post:

Tuesday 19th May

9-10 PDT, 11-12noon CDT, 5-6pm BST, 6-7pm CEST 

Raspberry Pi / LABVIEW CE and Sensors
Sam Sharp

Sam will demonstrate/show how to get started programming the Raspberry Pi using the LabVIEW 2020 Community Edition with a live/practical demo. He'll then expand this to show off his open-source library of drivers for a range of off-the-shelf sensors/hats so you can connect your Raspberry Pi to the physical world.

Webex Link:https://agilent.webex.com/agilent/j.php?MTID=e635e8189d10f33d8a3f9a8761ce00c24

sam@mediamongrels.com

Edited by Jordan Kuehn
  • 1 month later...

Is the 7-day trial for community edition or Base/Full/Pro? If it's for the later you can try just removing the license file from the usual license folder to see if it lapses into using the community edition license just fine.

I don't know how exactly how the community edition is licensed but that type of thing happens a decent amount with volume license servers (LV complains about software that's about to expire but once it expires it just finds another license and is perfectly happy).

• Thanks 1