Not sure if this is the right place for this, so mods please feel free to move if it is not.

I have just started to play around with the Web Module in NXG 4.0. There are quite a few tutorials around, but (unless I have missed something) all of them seem to gloss over the task of getting a trivially simple web VI actually running locally. After a bit of head scratching I did manage to get something up and running eventually, but have a question which is hopefully simple for anyone who has used the Web Module.

When running the web VI inside the NXG IDE, is there anything actually hosting it? In other words can I visit some address from my web browse to see it running while I am developing it? Or do I have to build (i.e. turn into html and JS) and then copy the files manually to my NI Web Server directory?

So when I was playing around with this I would map my build folder, to the www folder of my webserver, with a symbolic link.  This way I would build and it would already be in my web server folder ready to be used.

Here is a very loose set of steps I did to map a folder from a build to a place that the webserver uses.

I don't know of what NI uses on the hosting side and I've always just used XAMP which is Apache.  Windows has a built in server too that works well enough for basic stuff.