Does anyone have succecfully saved a VI which used the VI activation event (private one). Because the event behaves normal but then I try to save it I get an error:

post-2399-1152021033.jpg?width=400

Does anyone seen this before?

I want to use this to detect activating a VI. and get the co

Well i don't see my issue anymore after rebuilding from scratch, although I haven't added one nasty private property. :P

I am working on a toolbar next to the open panels which move with the active panel.

I hoped at LV8 there was finally a way to add your own button to the tool bar but no! :thumbdown:

Ton

Well i don't see my issue anymore after rebuilding from scratch, although I haven't added one nasty private property. :P

I am working on a toolbar next to the open panels which move with the active panel.

I hoped at LV8 there was finally a way to add your own button to the tool bar but no! :thumbdown:

Ton

I don't think LabVIEW will add support for modyfying it's toolbar anytime soon. But with the new splitter pane you can create your own very nice toolbars in LabVIEW 8 quite easily.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Hi Rolf,

I'm looking into a development toolbar... with some buttons like, Save, New, Open, Check In, Check out, Print, Save diagram, Build Documentation. I hoped this could be next to the controls in the edit-mode toolbar. But I'm almost there in making a floating toolbar. If i'm satisfied (and not that ashamed about the programming style) I'll put some here.

Ton

PS I think i'll have to dive into GOOP to get this working.....

Someone please tell me how I can access the VI activation event...

Is there some SuperSecretIniEntry I don't know of yet? :o

It should appear in the list of events for the event structure (along with some other new events) when you use the standard supersecret... entries.

I'm not sure which of the 2 is usefull, so I enabled them both. One other question:

How can I close a VI via VI-server, and let this event trigger the event structure. I assumed the 'FP.Close' method would trigger the 'Panel Close?'-event but it didn't. Now I have a User event 'close' but this is a bad workaround.. Any thoughts?

Ton

PS:

For the lava repository, this is what I got so far:

A method to add buttons (actually pictures), these pictures merge into one toolbar (just in the order they where added).

I have the following 'events':

Mouse enter

Mouse leave

Mouse move

Mouse down

Mouse up

So far I have two buttons, one to close the bar, and one to save the BD/FP to a png (thanks to JP Drolet, Altenbach and ChillyCharly at NI-breakpoint)

So I'm still thinking about changing button appearance (should be easy), remove a button, dynamic tip-strip, move the tool-bar, flatten the toolbar..

I hope to 'finish' the work next two/three weeks or so

Looks pretty good to me!

And it's getting even better, hopefully I have the time tonight (during Germany-Portugal) to finish Beta 1 (bad documentation. :D ) It's looking kinda neat. I am only looking for a way to launch the toolbar when LabVIEW kicks in. I found something at OpenG, but Jim stated these where version specific, it only showed LV7 <... Does anyone know if these still work (darn and now I can't find the info anymore :headbang: ) Found :D

else it resides in the tools menu!

Ton