I'm not quite fan of soft that "pretend to know better than me what I mean" I always turn off "automatic tool selection", I also turn off automatic correction in MS Word...

I was surprised to see that if I write "ask NI people" and post, my post was be changed to be "ask National Instruments people".. :o

the work around is to "quick edit" and "complete" without changing anything in the text.

I don't really mind because it doesn't not change the meaning, and it makes things clear for people who would not be used to that acronym.

But still... If a new LAVA guideline asks me to write "National Instruments" instead of "NI" I would do, but I don't really like my posts to be modified without my knowledge :nono: .

Testing the auto-expander...

<acronym_autoexpand>

WTF? IANAL but I'll take a SWAG. IMHO NI ("NI") should not be expanded. Imagine if every post containing ASCII, OOP, CAPTCHA, HTML or TCP/IP were auto-expanded. OMG I might not recognize my own writing. The thought of this leaves me ROFL.

</acronym_autoexpand>

:P Just wanted to see how much it expanded; play time over...

BTW and FTR, I'm not excited about autoexpanding.

LV_Punk FKA pbrooks 100 and AKA Phil Brooks (CLAD and testing for CLD on Monday).

OK. Stop it. I will. Really. TCIGTM (the coffee is good this morning).

P.S. Placing quotes overrides the autoexpansion. It only expands NI as a single free standing instance of the "word". I was also able to enter Alt-255 in front of and behind the "word" to fool the expander... Strange. When I come back to the post later, the ALT-255 doesn't seem to "stick". If I edit and view the post it's OK for a while... :wacko:

P.P.S. acronyms might not be such a bad idea, if they could function like the ones that I added to this post via "insert special item" "Insert: Acronym". Someone not familiar with CLAD could over over the word and see it's definition... Oops, remembered this post...