Problem with Time on Waveform Chart (reference)

Hi,

I have a problem with the time on the waveform chart.

Although I reset from the begining the XScale.Range.Minimum = XScale.Range.Maximum = current date time. But the Waveform chart still display the time from 1903, or 1997 to current time, or from current time to 2110. The updating of data on the chart are done by reference.

Thank you for your time.

Thang Nguyen

OK Thang Nguyen Listen on LABVIEW front panel on the waveform chart you want to specify it's XAxis do the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- right click on the waveform.

2- choose PROPERTIES.

3- on the window go to SCALE menu.

4- remove autoscale choise box and then specify the Minimum and the maximum.

5- Press OK.

That's all hope it work as you need isa.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(Sherif @ Jun 13 2007, 03:58 PM)

OK Thang Nguyen Listen on LABVIEW front panel on the waveform chart you want to specify it's XAxis do the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- right click on the waveform.

2- choose PROPERTIES.

3- on the window go to SCALE menu.

4- remove autoscale choise box and then specify the Minimum and the maximum.

5- Press OK.

That's all hope it work as you need isa.

Hi,

XAxis is the timestamp, so what should I specify for time?

I try to put some random number there, then in the program I use property node to set the max and min range to current day/time, but what I get now is from 1997 to 2007??????

I took me quite a lot of time. I cannot understand why this happens.

Thank you for your time,

Thang Nguyen

The properties you want are XScale.Offset and Xscale.Multiplier. Offset is the time when your data starts (as a DBL) and Multiplier is the number of seconds between each two points on your chart.

Once the chart knows when the data begins, it can display the correct time.

A better option might be to use a graph instead of a chart.

QUOTE(yen @ Jun 22 2007, 07:25 AM)

The properties you want are XScale.Offset and Xscale.Multiplier. Offset is the time when your data starts (as a DBL) and Multiplier is the number of seconds between each two points on your chart.

As always, it is better to post some code that illustrates your challenge.

If you are using a "Waveform" data type, to "t0" and "dt" values define the X-Axis value unless "ignore attributes" is true.

Ben

QUOTE(yen @ Jun 22 2007, 06:25 AM)

I try to do what you say, but it still not work.

QUOTE(Thang Nguyen @ Jun 22 2007, 06:55 PM)

I try to do what you say, but it still not work.

Seems fine to me. The chart starts with the current time, but since it's empty (you give it an empty history as well) it shows 10 years forward (I guess that's the default). When you add data, this should change.

As I mentioned, I prefer graphs, which also allow you to have different gaps between the points.

QUOTE(yen @ Jun 23 2007, 03:38 PM)

Seems fine to me. The chart starts with the current time, but since it's empty (you give it an empty history as well) it shows 10 years forward (I guess that's the default). When you add data, this should change.

As I mentioned, I prefer graphs, which also allow you to have different gaps between the points.

I tried to make some changes, but it's still not work. One of the reason lead to this issue, in my thinking, is I use the reference, not connect directly to the plot indicator. Because I use a seperate thread for displaying, so I cannot plot directly on the wavefrom in the main panel. I create an waveform indicator for the thread and it works well. I attach the pictures here.

If I let the program run continously, the plot on the main GUI still displays from 2007 to 2110 then more.

I use the chart, so the waveform can be updated easily by the parallel thread.

Hi Thang!

Try playing with the properties (Maybe with the "ignore waveform time stamp on the x-axes"). You can also try to replace the waveform chart with a new one. Sometimes you forget some property and when you replace it it reinitializes it. I know it doesn't sound too smart, but that's usually the fastest way. Try it.

Try disconnecting the Offset for the xscale. I think that's your problem.

Ami