82Tank01 Posted July 30 Report Posted July 30 I searched with the subject line above and got way too many hits, so I apologize if this is already covered. If so, just point me there. How and where does one save a default VI that will be automatically loaded whenever you do File - New VI or rubber band code and Create SubVI? Several years ago I knew how to do it for New VI, but I found recently that NI changed the way things are referenced. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Quote
jcarmody Posted July 31 Report Posted July 31 (edited) This is the nine year-old link I've saved for this - Solved: Re: New VI - default window size - NI Community It behaves oddly in that if you change it and close it before saving, it won't prompt you to save. Anyone understand this? Edited July 31 by jcarmody 1 1 Quote
hooovahh Posted July 31 Report Posted July 31 I still leverage the VIT method in the New... VI >> From Template. It allows for selecting from a variety of New VI templates. Instead of overriding the installed functionality. Admittedly it is a couple more clicks. Quote
ShaunR Posted August 1 Report Posted August 1 On 7/31/2026 at 12:27 PM, hooovahh said: I still leverage the VIT method in the New... VI >> From Template. Me too, for the compane. I got fed up with deleting connectors every time I created a new VI. Quote
82Tank01 Posted September 24 Author Report Posted September 24 On 8/1/2026 at 8:53 AM, ShaunR said: Me too, for the compane. I got fed up with deleting connectors every time I created a new VI. That is useful, but what about when you want to 'Create Subvi' from selection? I do this quite often and am tired of having to redo my defaults. I've been copying and pasting sections into a template instead. Quote
Yair Posted 1 hour ago Report Posted 1 hour ago On 9/25/2026 at 12:07 AM, 82Tank01 said: That is useful, but what about when you want to 'Create Subvi' from selection? I do this quite often and am tired of having to redo my defaults. I've been copying and pasting sections into a template instead. <LabVIEW>\resource\plugins\CreateSubVI\Additional Actions Template.vi This VI has (limited) instructions for how to run custom code when doing a Create SubVI action. You can search around for more details. I don't know if you'll be able to use a template, though. You might have to do all of the scripting code. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.