The VI became broken during the build process.

Hi,

I have just finished one project in which I implement some class with LabVIEW OOP in the LV 8.2i. When I build the executable file, I meet this error

=============================================

An error occurred while building the following file:

D:\My Application\Classes\DAQ Control\Private\Internals\GetData.vi

The VI became broken during the build process. Open the Build Specification and enable debugging to include the front panel and block diagrams.

I tried to enable the debug, but I meet this warning:

A name collision occurred during the build. VIs were renamed to protect the build. If any dynamic calls were made to the following VI(s), unexpected behavior may occur.

Because in each class I have similar VIs, for example GetData.vi, is it the reason of the warning? Then when the building process come to the last stage, which means I see the message build completed, the LabVIEW start to crash.

If someone have any idea, please help me.

Highly appreciate your help.

Thang Nguyen

This is a known problem in LabVIEW 82(1).

I've had to live with it until NOW when 8.5 is out.

You can ignore the rename problem unless you try to load these VIs/Controls dynamically.

But you have to build it in debug mode.

What happens in the process is that some VIs have been saved without block diagram, and then a VI needs to be renamed, that works fine, but now a VI that already was saved without block diagram has to be recompiled, and it can't handle that.

There are still issues with one of my large projects that I have had these problems in, even for LabVIEW 8.5 but it works better.

If you still like to use 821, build it with debug-flag on, and then manually remove the block diagram of all class VIs and VIs inside the exe-file.

You can extract the llb from the exe file by removing the header in the exe-file until you get to the word "RSRC", this is where the llb starts.

Extract it, remove the block diagrams and then put it back in the exe file.

-Mikael

• 8 months later...

QUOTE (MikaelH @ Aug 27 2007, 09:18 PM)

If you still like to use 821, build it with debug-flag on, and then manually remove the block diagram of all class VIs and VIs inside the exe-file.

You can extract the llb from the exe file by removing the header in the exe-file until you get to the word "RSRC", this is where the llb starts.

Extract it, remove the block diagrams and then put it back in the exe file.

-Mikael

Hi Mikael,

I just found this posting and am intrigued by your suggestion... I may be being dense here but how do you physically go about extracting things from the exe? Surely you don't mean hacking it with a text editor?

-- Netta