Homing a front panel

QUOTE(Ben @ Aug 28 2007, 09:44 AM)

"ctrl-t" ?

I hate ctrl-t. I especially hate that it's next to the ctrl-R, so it inadvertently gets hit sometimes and I have to resize my windows again.

While I'm ranting about my fat-fingering, I wish ctrl-E and ctrl-W weren't next to each other...

QUOTE(Ben @ Aug 28 2007, 10:26 AM)

That is part of the reason I preceed the crtl-e with a ctrl-s.

Which leads to another question/pet peeve... Why does LabVIEW clear the undo buffer when a VI is saved? Just because I saved something doesn't mean I don't want to go back to what I had before the save.

QUOTE(george seifert @ Aug 28 2007, 10:45 AM)

You guys are hijacking my thread. Could we please get back to the original question?

Maybe I'm wrong but after looking through Tools>Options>Menu Shortcuts I don't see that it can be done with a combination of keystrokes.

QUOTE(george seifert @ Aug 28 2007, 07:45 AM)

A workaround solution would be to write a little scripting VI. This would be really simple, and you could add it to the Tools menu. I threw this together real quick, but it works. Written in 8.2, but the same idea would work for 7.1.

And to NI, it would be really nice if one could make shortcuts to custom tools in the Tools Menu... hint, Hint, HINT!

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6780

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6781

P.S. Yes, some hinting has already been passed on the the NI Suggestion Box. Some more can't hurt.

David

QUOTE(Gary Rubin @ Aug 28 2007, 07:19 AM)

I hate ctrl-t. I especially hate that it's next to the ctrl-R, so it inadvertently gets hit sometimes and I have to resize my windows again.

While I'm ranting about my fat-fingering, I wish ctrl-E and ctrl-W weren't next to each other...

You can change (or remove) the shortcuts associations of the ones you don't use.. or re-assign as convenient.

Neville.

QUOTE(orko @ Aug 28 2007, 12:14 PM)

Is this persistent for you? I have problems with this on my system. First I only get one item to show up in the Menu Shortcuts area even though I have three tools in the wizard directory. Second, the shortcut that I set disappears when I restart LabVIEW. This happens for my 8.2.1 and my 8.5 evaluation. I see a listing in the LabVIEW config file, but it still loses the shortcut on restart. Is this just me?

David

QUOTE(dsaunders @ Aug 28 2007, 01:07 PM)

Weeeeell.....that's interesting! I just set my shortcuts, said "cool!", posted my message and went along my merry way....

No. Mine are lost when I exit LabVIEW as well :thumbdown:

QUOTE(dsaunders @ Aug 28 2007, 01:07 PM)

I only get one item to show up in the Menu Shortcuts area even though I have three tools in the wizard directory.

Argh...I guess this isn't going to work after all. Only one does show up in the Menu Shortcuts at a time (alphabetically the first in the directory I think).

Sigh...

QUOTE(Gary Rubin @ Aug 28 2007, 09:19 AM)

I know that the thread hijacking objection has been raised, but a good answer was given on the main topic, so I just want to note this:

If you accidentally hit ctrl+t and tile your windows, you can use ctrl+z to undo that change. It won't undo the block diagram, but your carefully sized front panel window will be restored. Not everyone notices that sizing the panel is an undoable operation, so I thought I'd mention that.

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Aug 28 2007, 09:29 PM)

If you accidentally hit ctrl+t and tile your windows, you can use ctrl+z to undo that change. It won't undo the block diagram, but your carefully sized front panel window will be restored. Not everyone notices that sizing the panel is an undoable operation, so I thought I'd mention that.

Good to know. Thanks!