XScale.NameLbl.Text property node not working (?)

ecarrig

hello,

I'm having trouble getting the "Time" label on the x-axis of a series of waveform graphs to read "Time [sec]". I'm not married to this particular approach, but I need to do something like this so that screenshots generated for our customers will have the appropriate units. I believe the best way to change this is by writing "Time [sec]" to a property node of the graph. I'm pretty sure I have the right varible (see post title). I can get the desired effect to work on toy examples, but when I try this tactic in a real program it doesn't work. I have placed them in and outside of a flat sequence which is the major structure of the VI. No errors... but nothing happens and I still have "Time" along the bottom of my graph... any ideas?

thanks

Eamon

Thanks for looking. I've included a few screenshots... one of the working toy example and one of the same code (i think :wacko: ) that does not work in a flat sequence in my larger program. The function of this VI is to open an .lvm file, process it, and display the important data. Interestingly enough, I ran the program once with a bad .lvm file and the poperty node worked fine -- the graph read time [sec]. I am forced to conclude that somehow opening an .lvm file trumps redefining the property node, regardless of where the property node gets redefined.

thanks

Eamon

QUOTE(ecarrig @ Sep 20 2007, 11:33 AM)

Thanks for looking. I've included a few screenshots... one of the working toy example and one of the same code (i think :wacko: ) that does not work in a flat sequence in my larger program. The function of this VI is to open an .lvm file, process it, and display the important data. Interestingly enough, I ran the program once with a bad .lvm file and the poperty node worked fine -- the graph read time [sec]. I am forced to conclude that somehow opening an .lvm file trumps redefining the property node, regardless of where the property node gets redefined.

thanks

Eamon

Right-click on the graph and make sure the graph is set to "ignore attributes".

Ben

QUOTE(Ben @ Sep 20 2007, 10:40 AM)

Right-click on the graph and make sure the graph is set to "ignore attributes".

Ben

Nice find Ben. I haven't worked w/ the dynamic type much, but I have experienced the struggle w/ the waveform attributes once or twice. I suppose another option for him would be to just change the attribute rather than the property, no?

QUOTE(NormKirchner @ Sep 20 2007, 11:47 AM)

Nice find Ben. I haven't worked w/ the dynamic type much, but I have experienced the struggle w/ the waveform attributes once or twice. I suppose another option for him would be to just change the attribute rather than the property, no?

I don't use them either.

I am just guessing based on the symptoms matching what I have seen using the waveform data types.

You are probably correct.

Ben

QUOTE(Ben @ Sep 20 2007, 11:56 AM)

I don't use them either.

I am just guessing based on the symptoms matching what I have seen using the waveform data types.

You are probably correct.

Ben

On a realted note....

Does the LAVA Tips and tricks mention that a WF data typed chart will plot points based on the t0 values? This allows non-periodic plotting.

And similarly, an empty Y array of the WF will be ignode, and also a "NaN" will break the plot line.

If not, you have been un-officially informed.

Ben