NI VISION i need help

HI all..

i am new to this forum and i would like some help..I chosse iris recognition for my final year project with LABview.I design a lake detection in NI VISION assistant but i think i got wrong results.I want to measure the lakes in the eye(iris) and i have some reluts but i think its wrong.I dunno if i applied wrong filters or i have done something wrong ,i would like to advice me how to do it or telling me where am i wrong.Another problem its when i load another photo with eyelashes and applied the threshold it takes the eyelashes as well for measurement.is there any way to remove the eyelashes or to measure only the eye(iris)..

Here is the zip file,Try for both of the images to see the different between the proper and the eyelash one

thnx a lot

Replying to your other post in a completely different thread...

QUOTE(stamatios)

I would like someone to help me, i posted 2 days ago 135 ppl view my problem and noone gave me answer :wacko: ..is there anyone who can help me plz..

Thnx a lot...

I am not a vision expert, but I would guess that no one is helping you because your questions are far too broad for anyone to be bothered to deal with.

For instance:

As u will see in the word document that i have in the ZIP file

I didn't see that. I saw a .docx file, and when I forced Word to open it, it just displayed a bunch of garbage. Maybe that's my fault (or my version of Word's fault), but I gave up right there. Two of the other files in your ZIP are just pictures of eyes with no annotations or anything. I understand that these are probably your source images, but without being able to view the .docx I don't have time to figure out from scratch what it is you're trying to accomplish.

Did i use wrong filters

Maybe.

or do i have to change something?

If your code is not working correctly, then yes, you probably have to change something.

If u can plz show me the correct filters

Why not just say, "Can someone please do my homework for me?"

If you can give a more detailed description of what, exactly, you've tried so far, and maybe some screenshots of the results you've gotten, maybe someone can help you. Until then, I fear you may just find yourself screaming into the void around here.

SORRY,

I dont want anyone to do my homework i just need someone to help me..I posted the zip file with the fotos,deisgn, and one word document because i want to show the steps i managed to complete and the results from this.I posted 2 photos because when im running the program with the green image it gives me results but not the one i want to.When i load the other image i posted as well with the eyelashes it measure the eyelashes as well.In the document i explain what i want to measure..Sorry if i did something wrong in the forum,i am justa new in that forum and i didnt know where and how to accost..

THNX and sorry

QUOTE(stamatios @ Oct 25 2007, 03:51 PM)

Its obvious that you have no idea about it.

Hmm if you only knew the basics you would understand that this is a word2007 file. anyway thx for your try.

Well thats why ppl come here. to get helped.

I am not going to bother any more with you . My post is refered to ppl that can help me and not finish my "homework". stop being a Smartas* and stop posting rubish on my threat. go and play somewhere else!!!

Have you tried plugging in the camera?

QUOTE(stamatios @ Oct 25 2007, 03:51 PM)

I am not going to bother any more with you . My post is refered to ppl that can help me and not finish my "homework". stop being a Smartas* and stop posting rubish on my threat. go and play somewhere else!!!

Fair enough, although I'm sorry you feel that way. Good luck with your project.

Justin, who killed your cat and made you so pissy? "kitty cat... i'm a kitty cat.. kitty cat"

Do you just need your keg of heineken.

Stamatios, Can you show what the NI software is detecting? You may want to try going black and wite first, and increasing contrast/specific levels based on eye color.

Really what you may want to try, is taking a variety of images into photoshop or GIMP and playing w/ the filters there to make the lakes show up.

Also in the image that you posted, there are a few other lakes I see, why are you not interested in those?

QUOTE(Norm Kirchner @ Oct 26 2007, 05:19 PM)

Justin, who killed your cat and made you so pissy? "kitty cat... i'm a kitty cat.. kitty cat"

Do you just need your keg of heineken.

Stamatios, Can you show what the NI software is detecting? You may want to try going black and wite first, and increasing contrast/specific levels based on eye color.

Really what you may want to try, is taking a variety of images into photoshop or GIMP and playing w/ the filters there to make the lakes show up.

Also in the image that you posted, there are a few other lakes I see, why are you not interested in those?

First of all thank you all for your replies and your interest.

I ve developed a lavbiew code that takes the screnies direct from my usb cam. My problem occurs when I try to apply some filters using the vision software (v.7) in order to separate the lakes from the rest information. I havent managed to isolate the lakes so far, as you can see there is unwanted information as well at the final stage of the process. Lakes are unique in every person eyes as they are different in size and number. The lakes also reveal a pathological problem that ppl might have "iridology". that method is not 100 % accurate.

I ll try what you suggested Norm.

cheers

QUOTE(Norm Kirchner @ Oct 26 2007, 09:19 AM)

I'm not pissy, I just suggested that instead of whining in multiple threads about how no one was coming to his rescue, he should flesh out his questions more. As a side note, we've PM'd about it now and it's all cool :thumbup: .

HI ALL,

Afte several tests i made on my first Vision Assistant program i managed to implement it and make it more auspicious and operational.I created a LABview VI and i tested it but i still got some unwanted results like:

1:In my front panel the image(eye) it doesnt appear to the Image window properly.I need to move my cursor to x,y axes to find it.

2:When i find the image i havent got the size where i want to.The pallete it has only zoom+ and not zoom-

3:When i get the image to the LABview window it doesnt show me the last image from the V.Assistanrt with the pattern matching(pigment spots).

Here is my Vision Assistant design , the LABview design and the patterns...Can someone explain me whats going on?

QUOTE(stamatios @ Oct 30 2007, 02:27 PM)

HI ALL,

2:When i find the image i havent got the size where i want to.The pallete it has only zoom+ and not zoom-

Try clicking Shift+Click to zoom out.

It is usually helpful to use Vision Assistant just for fine tuning the basic image algorithm; after that you should use LabVIEW to code the application as you need it.

These may be, but are not limited to:

* accessing the image data (camera? file?)

* selecting the ROI programmatically (search through the image for features of interest)

* dynamically adjusting thresholding parameters based on different images

* User Interface issues: position of windows, selection of image to process etc.

* any additional buffers you may need to store intermediate images for display etc. etc.

Vision Assistant in my opinion, makes these other steps hopelessly complicated and prone to error.

If I have time, I will take a look at the code you have posted.

Neville.