Another NORM!

Ok, if you haven't seen, there is another Norm on the forums. Search for recent posts on GPS.

Now I'm all good with sharing, but he must acquire a nickname so that once we get going on some of the same posts, I won't lose my mind. I already got confused when I didn't realize that another Norm existed and heard Justin Goeres talking about what I had said.... well not me... but the other me.

Well perhaps I've already lost my mind and it's not worth the effort.

QUOTE(Norm Kirchner @ Oct 30 2007, 09:52 AM)

Ok, if you haven't seen, there is another Norm on the forums. Search for recent posts on GPS.

Now I'm all good with sharing, but he must acquire a nickname so that once we get going on some of the same posts, I won't lose my mind. I already got confused when I didn't realize that another Norm existed and heard Justin Goeres talking about what I had said.... well not me... but the other me.

Well perhaps I've already lost my mind and it's not worth the effort.

Hi Norm1,

I feel your pain. CC was masquarading using my Teddy Bear icon for a while and I felt like I was talking to myself.

Even worse!

I live in Pittsburgh PA home of the Steelers.

Imagine the situation when when Ben Rothlesberger throws an interception.

A room full of guys all yelling

"Ben you As$#ole!"

Ouch!

Ben

I generally try to use the profile names.

What's the problem neB? Why should you care about some crummy football player named Ben? :P

(My late uncle was a faithful Steelers fan when I was a kid; Steelers stockings hung by the fireplace at Christmas; drove from Busti,NY to Pittsburg for games when he had the time [~ 3 hours or so?] and the money. He wore black and gold from September up 'till the end of the season. I remember him cursing like a sailor at the Thanksgiving table after spilling gravy on his jersey!)

Norm; I guess you have the right to demand satisfaction; you were here first AND are a premium member. You do have the advantage of changing your profile name though :) Maybe the profile name ~,~ could be akin to 'the artist formerly known as Prince'. You can't pronounce it, but EVERYONE will know who you are!

I guess the LV Punk rock.gifname will keep me unique for some time; at least until I become LV Geezer post-949-1161013345.gif.

Really... haven't you outgrown the name "Norm"? I think it is time to leave behind the trappings of childhood. Like Norm of Cheers before you, it's time to pass the name to the next generation. I heard that the current Montezuma died recently. You don't really have the facial features, but that's less important these days, especially online. I'd suggest "Ozimandias" if his heart surgery goes badly next month, but I'm thinking of grabbing that one for myself.

QUOTE(LV Punk @ Oct 30 2007, 10:43 AM)

Well I was going to follow that idea but unfortunately the , is an illegal character (a 'sick bird' if you will).

So for now I will just simply have to append my surname or convert all the way to The Captain..

Maybe I should start a poll.

But then the gods may decide to turn my legs to roots and arms to branches next to a river so that I may gaze upon myself for all time.

HA!

Sorry I stepped on anyone's toes! My nickname at work is "normal". Go figure.

My girlfriend managed to grab my attention last night. So much for quality time with LV and my pc.. Back to work tomorrow. Been a nice two week plus vacation.

Have fun!

Norm

GARRRGH!!!!

You are not allowed to sign your posts as norm. I was just reading your last one and got to the end and I was like... wait... that wasn't me.... wait... oh yea... the other norm

yup that's it,

you must sign your posts as... The Other Norm.

Hey Mike. I can change my screen name as a premium member. If I pay for " the other norm" 's membership can I change his display name for him?

QUOTE(Norm Kirchner @ Nov 5 2007, 04:03 PM)

DESTINY! DESTINY!

We all need to get on skype conference and start the movie @ the same time and laugh our asses off and drink heavily.

27329.jpg

"Vootshtaps! Vootshtaps!"

That'd be most excellent! Souds like the LAVA user group has a new agenda...