LAVA Code Repository Submission of the Year - 2007

crelf

We are accepting nominations from all of you for what you consider the best code submitted to the LAVA Code Repository in 2007 (as this is the first year for this award, all Code Repository submissions are eligible). The winner(s) will get a nice award ribbon they can add to the description section of their code download page, as well as instant fame in the wider LabVIEW community!

Depending on the nominations, we may have more than one category and we will most likely have more than one winner (for example: best coding style, most usefull code, best use of LVOOP, etc). It's up to you: the categories and awards will depend on the nominations submitted and the reasons given.

How do you nominate your favorite submission? Simply post a reply to this thread with the name and link to the LAVAcr code you want to nominate for the best of 2007. Don't forget to include the reason(s) you are nominating it.

Nominations close at 5PM PST on the 13th of December, 2007.

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Dec 7 2007, 08:45 AM)

Don't worry - I'll call next year's thread "LAVA Code Repository Submission of the last month of 2007 and the first 11 months of 2008" :P

QUOTE(Norm Kirchner @ Dec 7 2007, 08:21 AM)

Should we state no nominating your own submission?

You can nominate your own submission, but you'll have to do the same as all otehr submissions: tell us why you think it's worthy :)

QUOTE(crelf @ Dec 6 2007, 11:10 PM)

There is really a lot of awesome stuff in the LAVAcr!

It's hard to boil this down to one "best item".

Nevertheless I nominate :star: Mark Balla's Icon Editor :star: for the title of Best Productivity Tool.

http://forums.lavag.org/downloads-file56.html

Why?

This is the one tool from LAVAcr that I am using many times every single day.

It's user interface is extremely straight-forward and intuitive.

It's a real development time saver!

I know there are several other LabVIEW icon editors out there, every one of them very usefull and focussing on different aspects of icon design.

I have tested many of them myself, but in the end I got stuck with the one that helped me create my icons with the minimum amount of effort involved.

Thank you very much for your excellent work Mark!

My best one for this year is the code capture tool, along with the VIPM.

the VIPM because it is simply a great way of getting openg tools. so many of the vis i developped are already in there (that would have save me so much time if i knew about this earlier) - and the interface is so cool.

the code capture tool is cool (i use a earlier version than the one posted tough), because it is extremely usefull not only for forum discussion, but also i use it very often for documentation. saves me quite a bit of time.

now to my wishlist for repository LAVA:

1) wish there were more openg tools. what about connecting VIPM to the code repository (under special section - usefull software)?

2) would be great to have a repository of custom controls and indicators. there are so many usefull icons, that are not implemented in LV, and so much time is spent redesigning LV controls into icon-like booleans for example (now where did i put my question mark/help icon...).

There's only one day left to nonimate your favorite download for LAVA Code Repository Submissions of the Year (2007)!

How do you nominate your favorite submission? Simply post a reply to this thread with the name and link to the LAVAcr code you want to nominate for the best of 2007. Don't forget to include the reason(s) you are nominating it.

Nominations close at 5PM PST on the 13th of December, 2007. Oh crap! That's only a couple of days away! Get busy people!