Body Hacks

It doesn't work for me on my right side -- I can do the '6' and the circles without much trouble. Sometimes I have to think about it and my foot jerks a little, but it pretty much works.

But I can't do it at all with my left hand/left foot. :o I'm one of those weird left-right (mostly left) hybrid people, though. Do any of you righties find it easier with your left side?

EDIT: I also can't do it very well on my right side if I switch the directions (foot counterclockwise / make the '6' backwards). But that's still better than my left side, which is a complete failure.

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Jan 30 2008, 02:04 AM)

Your foot will change direction and there's nothing you can do about it.

Nope - no problem here. That said, I spent a loooong time in my youth working on limb independance to overcome that very issue (I was a percussionist).

QUOTE(Justin Goeres @ Jan 30 2008, 07:39 AM)

Do any of you righties find it easier with your left side?

I'm a "righty" and can do it with my left foot/hand, but it's a bit rough. Theres no hope at all with my right hand/foot. My foot changes directions smoothly and there is nothing I can do to make it stop. :wacko:

QUOTE(crelf @ Jan 30 2008, 11:15 AM)

Nope - no problem here. That said, I spent a loooong time in my youth working on limb independance to overcome that very issue (I was a percussionist).

I did the same but concentrated on fingers. This let me learn to solder with one hand but all derived from once being asked to try and "twidle my thumbs" such that the were counter-rotating. There is also a "mind-trick" that will make sthis much easier. The "trick" is to think of the two motions as one rather than as two independent operations. In the "twidle" example it can be thought of as 1) Move both thumbs down, 2) Cross thumbs at the bottom, 3) move both thumbs up, 4) cros thumbs at top, lather rinse repeat.

Ben