The care and feeding of Sequence Structures

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Phillip Brooks @ Aug 28 2008, 10:15 PM)

Funny, when I tried to replace with a flat sequence, LabVIEW 8.6 crashed!?! :P

Well, you were warned. I believe the diagram width (and position? can't be bothered to check) are a 16 bit integer, so the flat sequence would be too wide. So you see, stacked sequences are better. QED.

P.S. To paraphrase Stephen Mercer "LabVIEW crashes when my wire is over 32,000 pixels long and I try to clean it up. Fix it".

QUOTE (Yair @ Aug 28 2008, 01:53 PM)

YES!!!

George, can I please get the award for the most stupid CAR ever? It doesn't have to be a cup or a medal. A nice plaque will do fine. :laugh:

Regardless of the intelligence level of the CAR ;) , crashes are never a good thing. :nono:

Now just because it's CAR'd doesn't mean it might not end up being filed under the "who in the their right mind would make a 10000 frame stacked sequence structure AND THEN replace it with a flat sequence" bucket. That, truly is an honor reserved for a very few.

QUOTE (Yair @ Aug 28 2008, 02:53 PM)
George, can I please get the award for the most stupid CAR ever? It doesn't have to be a cup or a medal. A nice plaque will do fine. :laugh:
No, you can't get the award. Why? Because you weren't actually using that 10000 frame sequence. The wire that was over 16K pixels long was part of an actual application.

QUOTE (Yair @ Aug 28 2008, 03:53 PM)

YES!!!

Awesome Yair. Flatening it in LV8.0 drove it insane (objectively)! rockin.gif

Here's your trophy. A virtual trophy for what was virtually a VI.

QUOTE (gmart @ Aug 28 2008, 04:37 PM)

Regardless of the intelligence level of the CAR ;) , crashes are never a good thing. :nono:

Now just because it's CAR'd doesn't mean it might not end up being filed under the "who in the their right mind would make a 10000 frame stacked sequence structure AND THEN replace it with a flat sequence" bucket. That, truly is an honor reserved for a very few.

I suspect it will be noted in the release notes. It would read similar to

Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this"

Doctor: "Don't DO THAT!"

Bud-dum-tish! :P