Support for comments in INI files

I'd like the comments supported as well. I don't have a pre- LV7 version of LV handy so I can't be sure but did the pre-LV7 version support comments?

My I got bit story

Customer requested I document all ini setting of an app someone esle developed. I did a quick check to make sure LV would not freak over the comments and reading from an ini with comments was just fine. So I commented pages of settings and applied that file to the running system. The system handled it just fine BUT, the first time the file was saved, all the comments where lost! So we turned my backup version of the ini file into an appendix of the formal documentaion and learned a leason.

Ben

QUOTE (PaulG. @ Jan 28 2009, 03:42 PM)

Have they ? I didn't know about that.. does it mean they have reasons not to support comments ?

QUOTE (PaulG. @ Jan 28 2009, 03:42 PM)

I usually ad comments to my config files after I've created them but it would be convenient to be able to read/write comments in my code.

I hadn't even thought of being able to read/write comment :o , but it's true it would be nice.

I was merely hopping that if I put comments like this :

[SECTION_1]
key_1=10
; this is a comment for key_1

LabVIEW wouldn't turn it into that :

[SECTION_1]
key_1=10
; this is a comment for key_1=""