About This File
This package contains the Plasmionique Modbus Master library for LabVIEW.
It supports RTU, ASCII and TCP modes with the following function codes:
0x01 - Read Coils
0x02 - Read Discrete Inputs
0x03 - Read Holding Registers
0x04 - Read Input Registers
0x05 - Write Single Coil
0x06 - Write Single Register
0x07 - Read Exception Status
0x0F - Write Multiple Coils
0x10 - Write Multiple Registers
0x16 - Mask Write Register
0x17 - Read/Write Multiple Registers
0x2B/0x0E - Read Device Identification
Other features include:
- Sharing a COM port across multiple Modbus sessions using VISA locks (10 second timeout).
- Sharing a Modbus session across multiple communication loops.
- TCP transaction ID handling to ensure that requests and responses are matched up correctly in case responses are received out of order.
- Modbus Comm Tester, available through the "Tools->Plasmionique" menu, for testing communication with a slave device without writing any code.
- Detailed help document available through the "Help->Plasmionique" menu.
Examples are included in "<LabVIEW>\examples\Plasmionique\MB Master\":
Download a copy of the user guide here: MB_Master - User Guide.pdf
Note that Version 1.3.4 of this library has been certified compatible with LabVIEW and has been released on the LabVIEW Tools Network: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/214230
The most recent version of this library will always be released on LAVA first before going through NI's certification process.
***This project is now available on GitHub: https://github.com/rfporter/Modbus-Master
What's New in Version V1.3.1 See changelog
Re-Added accessor for VISA resource. Some might find this useful for dealing with certain USB to serial adapters.
Added Modbus Comm Tester to tools menu.
Added MB VISA lock functions to palette.