Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation


About dhakkan

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Mysuru, India.

LabVIEW Information

  • Version
    LabVIEW 2014
  • Since

Recent Profile Visitors

2,365 profile views
  1. Hello. I haven't gone through the links provided in the opening post. However, it appears that Darren's recommendations pertain to the concept of (class or object) immutability - the general idea being that, once an object is created, its identity must be unique in your application domain. Note, however, this does not mean all class data members are constant - just the crucial attributes that 'define' the object. For example, a human being continuously evolves since inception. However, certain traits remain immutable, depending on the domain of reference: Biologically - DNA; Government -
  2. Assuming these log files are to be consumed for application support, here are a couple of more possibilities for viewing logs saved in chronological order. Use 'tac' (reverse of cat) from the terminal. This differs from 'tail' command in that tac presents lines in the reverse order, whereas tail presents lines in the same order as saved in the file, but from an offset relative to the End-Of-File marker. tac is built-in for linux terminals. I don't know of Windows command or powershell built-in equivalents - I couldn't find anything from a cursory search. GNU utilities can be downloaded fo
  3. At the outset, my apologies for the delay in acknowledging your responses - a holiday trip and getting under the weather did not help... Thanks! that helps. A clever way to get the separator, though! Am confused by 'Command Line String To Path.vi'. Under the wrapper it seems to call the native 'String to Path' function except for a Mac OS 32-bit application. In this exception case, not-a-path constant is returned. That doesn't seem to help solve my problem. Now, I'm using the solution candidus provided to build the necessary relative path. Thanks! folks, for your help;
  4. Happy New Year to you too! I did a quick check on my machine. Was able to reproduce the problem running LV2015 32-bit on Win10x64. I created a folder called ABCD in 'C:\WIndows\System32'. A Google search led to the following link in MSDN. Do read the embedded link within the first response about file system redirector. That throws more light. I created another folder ABCD, this time within 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64'; and created an empty file there. Re-running my LV sample, which is still coded for 'C:\Windows\System32\ABCD' is now successful; and the empty file does get listed with the Lis
  5. Hello, I'm experimenting with porting my existing LabVIEW application from Windows to Mac OS X. The code uses several instances of 'Build Path' function in 'File I/O' functions sub-palette. The 'Name or Relative Path' input is being connected with a 'string' data type rather than a 'file path' data type. With some quick code change and checks, I've realized that it's better to use the latter data type, so that the separator character '\' in Windows is automatically interpreted as ':' in Mac OS. Some parts of the code, however, build up the string. E.g. a 'Format Into String' is used to
  6. Hello, First off, kudos on the effort! I did a quick read-up. Overall, a great write-up! Parts 3, 4 and the walkthrough were the most helpful for me (as one who has been struggling to appreciate this implementation of AF). The introduction in Part 1 was also great; however, I got confused by the last paragraph. Will read it again with a clearer head. Cheers,
  7. Gotcha. Thanks for the tips too! (I'm pretty new to posting on discussion forums in general, let alone LAVA.)
  8. Hello Rolf, Not sure where I implied that... Sorry, if the write-up was not clear. I was of a different opinion when I started writing that post as compared to when I finished it a few minutes later. Should I retract or re-write that post? In any case, the rest of your post indicates we are on the same page. Yes, the event name could be considered misleading. Variations of VALUE_ENTER or VALUE_SUBMIT may have helped. But, that's up to the NI gurus, isn't it.
  9. Thanks for the response, Hoovahh. Understood and agreed regarding the 'Val (Sig)' property. In this case, the LV Developer is forcing LV to trigger an event. However, my expectation from the Front Panel standpoint was for LabVIEW to not even trigger the event, i.e. LV checks for value actually changing before deciding to generate the event internally. IMHO, if one is using 'value change' events, the current implementation pretty much defeats the purpose of the minimum and maximum limits set in the Numeric's properties - depending on data validation requirements, the Developer would be
  10. Hello, I searched within this site and via Google for any related queries. Couldn't find any. Hence this post... Example of Situation: I configured an I8 Numeric with non-default limits in its 'Properties >> Data Entry' window... Minimum of -2 (coerced); Maximum of 2 (coerced). I set up a simple event that looks for 'Value Change' of this Numeric. Expectation: No matter what the 'Increment' value and 'Response to value outside limits' are set to, the 'Value Change' must NOT trigger if the numeric is already at the limit and cannot be changed further. To explain, If current
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.