Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'property node'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Software & Hardware Discussions
    • LabVIEW Community Edition
    • LabVIEW General
    • LabVIEW (By Category)
    • Hardware
  • Resources
    • LabVIEW Getting Started
    • GCentral
    • Code Repository (Certified)
    • LAVA Code on LabVIEW Tools Network
    • Code In-Development
    • OpenG
  • Community
    • LAVA Lounge
    • LabVIEW Feedback for NI
    • LabVIEW Ecosystem
  • LAVA Site Related
    • Site Feedback & Support
    • Wiki Help

Categories

  • *Uncertified*
  • LabVIEW Tools Network Certified
  • LabVIEW API
    • VI Scripting
    • JKI Right-Click Framework Plugins
    • Quick Drop Plugins
    • XNodes
  • General
  • User Interface
    • X-Controls
  • LabVIEW IDE
    • Custom Probes
  • LabVIEW OOP
  • Database & File IO
  • Machine Vision & Imaging
  • Remote Control, Monitoring and the Internet
  • Hardware

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Personal Website


Company Website


Twitter Name


LinkedIn Profile


Facebook Page


Location


Interests

Found 7 results

  1. After getting pretty deep into an experimental control paradigm with a Table Control as the user interface, I've run into the very frustrating problem of slow formatting updates (cell background and text color). Even when deferring panel updates, formatting a 50 row by 200 column table based on each cell's string takes seconds. The UI table assists the user in generating a 2d string array, which is subsequently sent to a set of hardware objects to control a Bose-Einstein condensate experiment. From reading other posts on this forum and the NI forums, I've compiled the following suggestions
  2. Some background: I'm trying to use the name of the library my VI is executing in as part of a string which will be used in the name of a Rendezvous, to keep it distinct from other Rendezvous I will create. When attempting to use the VI Property Node to access the Library property on the CompactRIO, error code 1 is returned. Running the same code on my computer runs as expected and returns the Library. Accessing the VI Name using the Property Node appears to work no problem on the RT, though. Does anyone know what could be causing the problem? I tried searching the documentation, but d
  3. Hi, I didn't know how to entitle this topic. I hope this title is not too generic.. I have attached two VIs with the same code. Purpose of the code is "calculate the position of the upper left corner of a button, in display coordinates, not panel coordinates". When I created the code, see CORRECT RESULT.vi, it worked fine. Then I copied the code into other VIs and the calculated result is not correct, see WRONG RESULT.vi (I have highlighted the wrong value with red backgrond) I have checked the VI properties, but I haven't found a specific property that solve the issue. My colleagues di
  4. I've created a class which contains (mainly) a bunch of settings and a bunch of events. To keep things organized, I've put these into a Settings and Events cluster, respectively, in the class private data control. If I want to create neat property nodes for such clusters, I have to follow a rather cumbersome procedure: 1. Create a vi for data member access to the whole cluster via the appropriate dialog 2. Create a vi for data member access each individual element via the same dialog 3. Open the Class properties window and navigate to Item Settings 4. Locate the whole cluster accessor
  5. I'm trying to create a better user interface for my tree navigation. The tree will ultimately have hundreds of items within it and I'm adding a search bar (simple string control). I'm looking for someway to problematically hide all of branches that don't contain the search query but I can't find any methods or properties that can do this. Any ideas?
  6. If you have your class and you want to create a pull right menu on a property node for it, you can use the colon ( to separate property items for it. Just right click on the class » Properties » Item Settings » Localized name. Also, on a separate note and since I'm in the neighborhood, you could also take advantage of the "Documentation" tab in the Class properties to change the "Localized name" from the default (in my case, "NI_VSA.lvclass") to something shorter or more meaningful. .This makes it easier on the eye. Regards
  7. When working with code that uses LVOOP property nodes, debugging becomes difficult because there is no easy way to go to the accessor code that runs when the property node executes. So in order to alleviate this I created the Property Popper. Run this floater helper VI (leave running during development) When you want to get to an accessor, select the property node Click 'Get Properties' on Pop Property.vi Double click on the property you want to get accessor access to Enjoy ~,~ The Captain was here See Video Detailing this <!-- copy and paste. Modify height and width if des
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.