Run Time Menu Corruption

post-10325-084212900 1282634825_thumb.pn

I am getting the above RTM from a build - I have never seen those characters before in the RTM.

All I am doing is a basic build - new project, single VI with a single control, no custom RTM, EXE build spec with default settings.

Have tried reboot PC, but still the same - it looks like something has become corrupt?

I have no idea !frusty.gif

Cheers

-JG

post-10325-084212900 1282634825_thumb.pn

I am getting the above RTM from a build - I have never seen those characters before in the RTM.

All I am doing is a basic build - new project, single VI with a single control, no custom RTM, EXE build spec with default settings.

Have tried reboot PC, but still the same - it looks like something has become corrupt?

I have no idea !frusty.gif

Cheers

-JG

Sorry if I am suggesting the obvious here, especially to a man of your experience, but is this not an inevitable result based on your previous post about the "No supported languages installed" or have you sorted that one out already ?

Dannyt

• Like 1

Sorry if I am suggesting the obvious here, especially to a man of your experience, but is this not an inevitable result based on your previous post about the "No supported languages installed" or have you sorted that one out already ?

Dannyt

No, please, suggest away - I do stupid stuff all the time :)

Unfortunately its not related (the last one was DSC-related) - I was more complaining about the lack of error messaging.

(Why does not it just say you need to include Enhanced DSC Support?, or automatically do it for me in the build, or warn me at build time?)

Anyways, the above is happening on my PC but works fine on another PC I just tested so I am confused at the moment.

That was another build where I was testing some code as I have a worse issue at the moment - my app code works in Dev Environment but not in Run Time, it is broken - and I hate those ones!

So generally I have been rather angry today.

I see the same in my palettes.

Did you find a fix?

Is this a deployed application? If so, what were your language settings in the installer?

Yes, it is a build application (didn't use an installer, just an built the executable as I was testing)

All languages were ticked, but its not the build spec I think, as this builds fine on another PC without the above issue.

Not sure when my LabVIEW flipped, but one day it was working and the next I got the above issue!

Did it get fixed somehow?

This one is really weird - I think something has gone haywire with the IDE, contemplating reinstall.

A repair fixed it.

What really weird was that only on e install of VIPM did that, and that error logs on disc had some Unicode issues as well.

Never really studied it though.

Ton