Now obviously, the standard answers here are:
- Debug the code to find bottlenecks and/or acceptable tradeoffs, then optimize.
- Buy the fastest/biggest thing you can afford; computers are cheap.
- In general, what's the biggest limiting factor in LabVIEW's execution? Is it RAM? CPU speed? Bus speed?
- Specifically with regard to graphing/UI stuff, what's the biggest limiting factor? Is it the UI controls themselves? Does accelerated graphics ever matter at all to LabVIEW?
- Given a problem with CPU railing during intensive plotting (not 3D picture control), what's the best way to tackle the problem other than code changes?