[Article]What are you working on today?

I don't have any official G projects through NI, but I've been working on a dialog to help sort LabVIEW Class Properties (they're sortable in 2011 through VI Server!), and extending my barcode generator to include 2D barcodes (right now just PDF417, since that's the only one I could find a free spec for). As for non-G projects...well, I can't really talk about those ;)

We just implemented (testing now) the top-level component of the active optics system of a research telescope. This component calculates, based on feedback from a wavefront sensor and other information (mount zenith angle, various temperatures, etc.), demand bending modes for the primary mirror and demand positions for the primary or secondary (depending on the optical configuration). Separate components (which we already completed and tested) actually control the mirrors.

I am working on a emulation of the Distributed System Manager that will work with TDMS data. I am using subpanels on a tab control to support being able to dock HyperGraph (my version of) instances. I am stuck on how to be able to generate new tab pages on the fly. In the meantime I will just have some number of blank subpanels within parent tab pages.

I am stuck on how to be able to generate new tab pages on the fly. In the meantime I will just have some number of blank subpanels within parent tab pages.

Use the system tab rather than the Labview one. It has the method to create them on-the-fly (if I remeber correctly).

Use the system tab rather than the Labview one. It has the method to create them on-the-fly (if I remeber correctly).

You're probably thinking of a tab in an ActiveX or .NET container.

I am stuck on how to be able to generate new tab pages on the fly. In the meantime I will just have some number of blank subpanels within parent tab pages.

Why are you using a tab at all? Just use a single subpanel and use the "tabs" (a ring or a list box works well) to control which VI is currently displayed in the subpanel. Then you can add as many items as you want at run-time.

• Like 2

I'm working on an in-situ laser reflectometry system for measure the rate and other parameters of III-Nitrides epitaxy growth process in Molecular Beam Epitaxy research system produced by Riber, France.

Hardware is done, laser and lenses are installed under an optical window. Now I'm developing monitoring system and have a lot of problems with communication between LabVIEW and camera(and asking a lot of questions here and there) :) However I reached a success and construct a device which can compete with LayTec in-situ sensors devices in price and quality. :shifty:

Thanks NI :)