Multitouch in LabVIEW - using a PC screen

Yes, it might be used to multi screen in Labview. Just check with the VI properties.

Might be attached image will help to do multiscreen.

The question was about Multitouch.

For LabVIEW to support multitouch, first windows needs to support it. By default if you installed two mice on your PC, you still would only have one pointer and both mice will control the same pointer. As mentioned by Yair a touch screen is just a mouse so to support multitouch you really need to support multi-mice. A quick search found several 3rd party programs to have multiple mice in Windows, but I've never tried any.

My favorite multi-mouse utility (and the only one I've tried, thus my favorite) is MS Mouse Mischief. I wanted to have a way to make teaching my FLL teams more interactive. It's fun to use in a classroom setting. Might be nice to have for a classroom environment, but I can't quite see an application in the industrial arena. Something about having too many engineers in the code at the same time...

Maybe it would make a great NIWeek competition event to see which team of 5 can program a solution in one VI the fastest...but I digress.

Can MS Mouse Mischief or Multitouch allow me to use a single very strong computer with multiple screens to allow several users simultaneous work over the computer?

For example, instead of buying 4 computers, one for the dad, one for mom, one for the son and one for the daughter, will it allow me to buy a single strong computer with extended desktop over 4 screens that will allow each member to manipulate a different program simultaneously?

It is probably just my longing to the MainFrame days but I really wish this was the case instead of having to support and maintain so many pcs even at home when I come back from work.

Edited by 0_o

Can MS Mouse Mischief or Multitouch allow me to use a single very strong computer with multiple screens to allow several users simultaneous work over the computer?

For example, instead of buying 4 computers, one for the dad, one for mom, one for the son and one for the daughter, will it allow me to buy a single strong computer with extended desktop over 4 screens that will allow each member to manipulate a different program simultaneously?

It is probably just my longing to the MainFrame days but I really wish this was the case instead of having to support and maintain so many pcs even at home when I come back from work.

You could look at teamplayer. However this is definitly off-topic.

Ton

Ton, you are right, this is off topic since the problem is not with gesture events but with the question: can each finger be designated to a different application while both are frontmost and active and each reads the events from the relevant finger and not from the other one.

From the great material you and ShaunR sent me I guess it is an OS limitation and it is impossible at the moment.

Thanks.