I am experiencing numerous VISA Lock Errors (-1073807345) on resources I haven't explicitly locked. This is happening on TCPIP connections to keysight N6700 power supplies and keysight N5242 PNA fairly regularly.
I have simultaneous loops in the application communicating to the different instruments, using a sequencer of sorts to pipe commands one at a time to each of my various loops.
Has anyone seen the locking error pop before while not actually using the Lock and Unlock VIs? This issue has gotten worse lately and it has come time to find the root cause. My only thoughts are that it may have something to do with having NI MAX and Keysight Connection Expert both installed and possibly trying to "ping" these devices. Every once in a while me sending commands and these "pings" may clash and cause the locking error.
Error reads as follows:
"Specified type of lock cannot be obtained, or specified operation cannot be performed, because the resource is locked. VISA error code -1073807345 (0xBFFF000F)"
We are using LabVIEW 2013
Thanks in advance!
I'm new to the forum and I have a strange issue with reading TDMS custom properties with Labview.
Creating user properties is working fine using TDMS Set Properties.vi, but I can't read them with TDMS Get Properties.vi. I can read the "standard" properties, and also I do see the properties in DiAdem (dataportal and using script) and also in Excel when I use TDM(s) importer. The property names are not listed when calling TDMS Set Properties.vi without the property name and data type terminals connected.
There is no simultaneous file reading or writing.
I solved the problem with loading DiAdem and running a script, but that's very slow and also not all target machines have DiAdem installed (and no licence either, obviously).
I also tried with property names such as User Properties\Device_ID, User_Properties/Device_ID in whatever combinations (I look for the property "Device_ID") without success.
Thank you for any hints in advance!
I'm trying to execute LPR.exe command to print some labels on a printer. However as its normal, problems occur. I could not find answer on any topic conneced with "sytem exec". I already tried all described methods (I think so). That's why I'm asking very kindly for any help.
When trying to execute or call the LPR.exe from System exec VI, I'm receiving error:
"'C:\Windows\System32\lpr.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
Generally I would like to call function: "lpr -S 192.168.1.5 -P lp C:\test\do_druku.txt" which works from command window without any problem.
Can you take a look at this?
The only work around I found is to dynamically open the connection with an external VI to make it fail so the second time it works.
If anyone has an instrument that communicate trough TCP-IP with VI, please try on your side with LabVIEW 2018 and visa 18.
I wanted to cross post metux's discovery here asap, and have a separate discussion.
Metux's original post:
The recent Linux driver package introduces a CRITICAL security vulnerability:
It adds additional yum/zypper repos, but explicitly disabling package signing and using unencrypted HTTP transport. That way, it's pretty trivial to completely takeover the affected systems, by injecting malicious packages.
DO NOT INSTALL THIS BROKEN SOFTWARE - IT IS DANGEROUS !
CERT and BSI are already notified.