Time stood still?

Don't know about growing, depends how you measure it I suppose. A lot of the regulars from a few years back are still here. Some have vanished or have reduced activity but we also have some new faces. All in I still prefer lava to the dark side by a huge margin-- way higher signal to noise in my opinion.

Just logged on again for the first time in several years and the post leader board looks pretty much like it did when I was last active.  Is LAVA still growing?

Personally my activity on LAVA (and NI) has increased a lot in the last "several years".  Recently I've crossed over the 1000 post count on both forums.  I never plan on attaining any status like Crelf here, or Altenbach on NI but I wanted to be more active.  My current employer even made it a goal of mine last year to be more active on LAVA.  Bonuses and pay raises are based on how well you work toward your goals so you could say I have added incentive.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Just logged on again for the first time in several years and the post leader board looks pretty much like it did when I was last active.  Is LAVA still growing?

We stopped looking at the post counts and started looking at the "likes" a few years ago - a much better outlook IMO.

I still prefer lava to the dark side by a huge margin-- way higher signal to noise in my opinion.

Quality, not quantity has been LAVA's credo since our launch.

I think it will take several years for anyone to overtake Crelf on the post leader board, even if they post multiple times every day :D

We stopped looking at the post counts and started looking at the "likes" a few years ago - a much better outlook IMO.

My current employer even made it a goal of mine last year to be more active on LAVA.  Bonuses and pay raises are based on how well you work toward your goals so you could say I have added incentive.

Paid for posting? Barring a conflict-of-interest, that's super :)  I hope you present your "Likes", and not just your post count ;)

Just logged on again for the first time in several years...  Is LAVA still growing?

It won't when some of our best members do that :)

• Like 1

That's well and good until you realize that someone like me was on the first page for a long time.  I managed one RCF plugin that got a bit of attention for a while, and most of the rest of my posts were "liked" because I was being silly.  That's my legacy :D

That's well and good until you realize that someone like me was on the first page for a long time.  I managed one RCF plugin that got a bit of attention for a while, and most of the rest of my posts were "liked" because I was being silly.  That's my legacy :D

I see absolutely nothing wrong with what you said - in fact, that's kind-of the point.

Paid for posting? Barring a conflict-of-interest, that's super :)  I hope you present your "Likes", and not just your post count ;)

That's a great idea and will bring it up in my next goals meeting.  Not to set a goal to get X number of likes/kudos, just another bullet point in growth over the past year.

Well my legacy is being Crelf's alter ego for irking people.  I'm not even my own person...or am I?

Well my legacy is being Crelf's alter ego for irking people.  I'm not even my own person...or am I?

Yes, I am.

......and you stopped showing the top 10 like count on the main page the day after I got to #2 :D

Report to Moderator.