I would like to try and upgrade my current CCD (pretty close to 640x480)  to a higher res model (1080p).  Here are my two requirements:

• It has to work LabVIEW/Vision software (could interface through GIG-E/IP or whatever)
  • It has to fit inside of a tube about this size: (marker for scale)  http://i.imgur.com/9i8nPRE.jpg

The housing tube can be increased in size up to about a 1.25" diameter the tube runs back 2' until it opens up into an open space where we have a gigabit switch.  The camera could just have a telescoping lens or be small enough to fit in a tube that size with the cables running out the back of the tube.

I have been searching Hobby sites and small electronic sites/stores but nothing has caught my eye yet.  I am hoping someone here may be using some CCD (maybe for security reasons?) that does pretty close to what I need.

Thanks for any help!

FYI there isn't a reason to crosspost into another sub-forum.  Just another forum, like if you posted this at Forums.NI.com.  Still thanks for being courteous.

The Axis P1214 or F44 series might work for you. They are (relatively) affordable. Small camera size is achieved by devolving most of the camera electronics into a downstream box. The cable is pretty long so should work for your application. Some of the models use a microvideo lenses. They have an 1080p variant.

Unfortunately these cameras are intended for network streaming so the lossy video compression onboard is unavoidable. They can be programmatically used to capture uncompressed still images though at a much slower rate, if that is of use.

In terms of industrial high-end cameras the smallest I can think of are the Basler Ace or Point Grey Blackfly which I think come in at around 5MP, resolution. These are more expensive ($2k range) and are roughly 30mm cube in size (you will need a slightly wider tube for a c-mount lens though). I think both brands are available in GigE, USB3 or CameraLink formats.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Maurice Rahme
      Hello, 
      I'm trying to implement an object tracking in LabVIEW. I've written a VI (attached) to detect and locate the centroid of elliptical shapes (because my circular subject can possibly be rotated and appear as an ellipse). However, the detection is not successful on every frame.
      For this reason, I would like to use the object detection method I've written as a ROI reference for an object tracker, whereby the object detector runs every 10-20 frames or so to make sure the tracker has not accumulated too much error. Any advice on how I can do this? Thanks! 
      Additionally, any criticism or advice on my object detection method would be appreciated. 
      Vision.vi
    • By Elancheran
      Hi Everyone,
            I am trying to play the video in reverse decrementing the frame number in IMAQ Read Frame function. Its working but the result is very choppy as every frame takes significant time to load, but when I just increment the frame number and play the video forward, its executing without any problem. I have attached the VI and info regarding the video, could you guys please let me know why I am having problem when I am trying to display the video in the reverse order.
      Playing AVI file.vi

• By hutha
      New Toolkit : OpenCV wrapper for Raspberry Pi (LinuxRT) for LabVIEW
      Great ! learning platform student and maker for learning machine vision application with LabVIEW.
      It's working with LabVIEW Home 2014 edition and  required LINX 3.0 toolkit.
      You can run NI-VISION toolkit with Raspberry Pi board too.
      1.QwaveCameraCV is a LabVIEW Camera Driver library for Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+ (LinuxRT)
      https://github.com/QWaveSystems/QwaveCameraCV

2.QwaveOpenCV is OpenCV wrapper functions for LabVIEW for Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+ (LinuxRT)
      https://github.com/QWaveSystems/QwaveOpenCV

3.QwaveOpenCV Examples using OpenCV (C/C++) and NI-VISION for Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+ (LinuxRT)
      https://github.com/QWaveSystems/QwaveOpenCV-Examples

• By GeT-Cameras
      Hello everyone,
      We have started with the development of our own embedded MIPI camera module for the Raspberry Pi with an industrial image sensor. Currently we are in the specification phase and we are interested in your preferences so we will develop a product that does fit your requirements. If you have some time, please consider filling in this 4-question questionnaire.

• By Shaun07
      Hello,

I need one help regarding changing the image image type
      How can I convert grey scale image to false color image?
      Here, I have attached two images. 1. greyscale image 2. is just an example that I want to convert. (False Color). 
      Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks,
      Parth Panchal 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.