LabVIEW Search paths

Wim

Hi,

I want to adjust the search paths in LabVIEW and i was wondering if I can add an entry to search the 'current project path' including subdirs.

(a bit like teststand, current sequence path and subdirs)

Reason:

I have a few testsystems which run a teststand operator interface and a source distribution of my drivers (vi.lib, instr.lib and user.lib included)

However... we have one system with teststand and labview development, for debug and test.

If I build a project (teststand deployment) of my drivers, I get them in 1 folder structure. A projectfile with ALL subvi's needed vi.lib, instr.lib and user.lib included.... works on the testsytems BUT

when I open this project in the dev env... the project has conflicts on Xnode support, picture to pixmap, Imagedata.ctl, ....

I think that adding a search path in LabVIEW to search 'Current ProjectDir' including subdirs will solve my problem but I don't know the syntax for  'current project dir'  

don't even know if this is possible.

Thanks for your reply.

Wim

Edited by Wim

Sure you can add or change LabVIEW search paths.  Open LabVIEW and go to Tools >> Options >> Paths, be sure and uncheck Use Default.

I've never had to really change this because it would search for missing VIs relative to where they used to be so as long as the file structure was duplicated it worked fine.

@Hooovahh   I know where to adjust, just don't know how to add 'Current Project File directory' 

But thanks for your reply ;-)

Yeah sorry.  I read your post several times and couldn't tell if you knew of the function or not.  I know of no way to set this path to the current project.  There are likely ways to do this programatically.  I assume this information is just stored in the LabVIEW.ini.  That INI could be updated.  Not sure if it can be done on opening a project, but if it can I suspect that the Project Provider Framework could do it.

@Hooovahh   I know where to adjust, just don't know how to add 'Current Project File directory' 

But thanks for your reply ;-)

Yeah sorry.  I read your post several times and couldn't tell if you knew of the function or not.  I know of no way to set this path to the current project.  There are likely ways to do this programatically.  I assume this information is just stored in the LabVIEW.ini.  That INI could be updated.  Not sure if it can be done on opening a project, but if it can I suspect that the Project Provider Framework could do it.

Just had an idea...

in older versions of labview you could copy LabVIEW.exe and LabVIEW.ini and rename them.

Both could boot LabVIEW with different settings.

If this still works, I can remove the search paths to user.lib, vi.lib and instr.lib in the original LabVIEW.ini and try to load the build project with this one.

With the other LabVIEW.exe and other settings I should be able the use the default search directories.

I'm gonna give that a try on monday before trying the project provider framework.

Wim

I don't have the link, but I remember someone else telling me that you can choose the INI file to use, in a command line switch.  This forces LabVIEW.exe to use a different INI file somewhere else on disk.  You could have a batch file that launches LabVIEW.exe with an alternate INI this way too.  I've never tried this so sorry if this is incorrect information.

I don't have the link, but I remember someone else telling me that you can choose the INI file to use, in a command line switch.  This forces LabVIEW.exe to use a different INI file somewhere else on disk.  You could have a batch file that launches LabVIEW.exe with an alternate INI this way too.  I've never tried this so sorry if this is incorrect information.

http://www.labviewwiki.org/Custom_LabVIEW_configuration_file

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Guru Prasath
      Hello Everyone;
      How I plot the timestamp in the graph of the x-axis and numerical slider the timestamp given in 2d array.

The array in 2d array of string...

I will try this but it not plotting full timestamp can you help me to short of this problem.

It will be a plot, but a few timestamps will plotting 
      How I plot full timestamp and date...

I have attached my problems like the jpg file and .vi file for your reference.

Does anyone have solution comments below...
      5_6285044541540009090.vi
      Thanks and Best regards...

• By torekp
      I was trying a python http communication tutorial - https://aiohttp-demos.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorial.html#views - when I had to disable the NI Application Web Server to proceed.  And then I thought, what the **** am I doing?  Maybe I should take the free (well, prepaid) gift of a working web server.
      Here's my task.  A central HQ computer will have a GUI that monitors five machine stations, each of which has its own computer.  Every approx 10 ms (negotiable), each station gives a report consisting of two arrays, the larger being 2048 data points, the other much smaller.  Whenever HQ feels like it, HQ can tell a station to start or stop (its computer stays on).  A local IP connection is used, with a router at each end.  There is also a Raspberry Pi with its own IP address at each station's router, that can send camera frames to HQ.  The station-computers use Python and C++ to do their work, not counting whatever needs to be added to communicate with HQ.
      Your advice please?  Should I use Labview?  On both ends or just the HQ?  And which if any of these helpful add-ons suggested by Hooovahh should I use?

• By AndyS
      Hi!
      I have to convert a dynamically generated array into a JSON string and back. Unfortunately I found that the un-flatten method loses the variant data. See the screenshot of FP and BD and the comments inside.
      JSON_Text_test.vi

Is this a bug in JSON Text or is my data-construction not supported as expected? In case of the letter I have modify huge parts of my code. So I hope that it is a bug 😉

The 2nd thing I recognized is that the name "Value" of the cluster is not used during flatten. Instead the name of the connected constant / control / line is used. I found the green VI ("Set Data Name__ogtk.vi") at OpenG Toolkit that allows me to programmatically set the variant data name. As you can imagine I would prefer not to need the OpenG VI.

Thanks in advance for your kind help 🙂

• By kartik.azista
      HAs anyone tried creating a sub vi programmatically by selecting the set of blocks through scripting?????
    • By TDF
      TDF team is proud to propose for free download the scikit-learn library adapted for LabVIEW in open source.
      LabVIEW developer can now use our library for free as simple and efficient tools for predictive data analysis, accessible to everybody, and reusable in various contexts.
      It features various classification, regression and clustering algorithms including support vector machines, random forests, gradient boosting, k-means and DBSCAN, and is designed to interoperate with the Python numerical and scientific libraries NumPy and SciPy from the famous scikit-learn Python library. 

Coming soon, our team is working on the « HAIBAL Project », deep learning library written in native LabVIEW, full compatible CUDA and NI FPGA.
      But why deprive ourselves of the power of ALL the FPGA boards ? No reason, that's why we are working on our own compilator to make HAIBAL full compatible with all Xilinx and Intel Altera FPGA boards.
      HAIBAL will propose more than 100 different layers, 22 initialisators, 15 activation type, 7 optimizors, 17 looses.

As we like AI Facebook and Google products, we will of course make HAIBAL natively full compatible with PyTorch and Keras.

Sources are available now on our GitHub for free : https://www.technologies-france.com/?page_id=487

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.