• Similar Content

• By ensegre
      Is anyone aware of a limitation on what the smallest possible FP size is? On LV 2017, I am under the impression that this is 116x41 on one windows machine, and 1x1 on a linux. Known issue, WM, or deserves a CAR?
      The reason I'm asking: I'm fiddling with the cosmetics of an Xcontrol. I would have nothing against a larger transparent border, but when I webpublish the big FP using it, the large transparent border turns grey on the snap png.
      ETA:, ah, https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-set-front-panel-size-to-be-same-as-one-led/td-p/1565524
      ETA2: ok, tried the snippet of that thread and get either no reduction or eloquent "Error 1 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) - Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller-In-Charge" for tighter sizes.

• By Benoit
      Hi there!
      I am trying to find a workaround the the missing possibility to set key focus in an array at a specific location by using X-Control.
      I am struggling at the point that i manage the key focus in my X-Control to work, but I cannot set to other control. it always stay at the same one...
      Is anyone manage to enable key focus on specific element of a X-Control?

Benoit
    • By AInvisibleNinja
      I'm trying to run a VI using the Call by Reference function, then embedded it into a subpanel in my Main.VI. Once the VI is embedded, I can't use it in the subpanel. It's like everything is blocked and it won't let me interact with any of it. If I use an invoke node and call the Run VI method, this isn't an issue. Unfortunately, this is part of a much bigger application that use Call by Reference functions, so I can't replace those calls.

I have attach image snippets showing my code. Does anyone have any suggestions why this might be happening or a work-around to fix it? Thank you in advance!

• By MikaelH
      I have an issue with a Sub Panel in a generic GUI VI we use as part of our company's OO based application framework.
      Most often the SubPanel behaves like it should.
      But sometimes after the application has stopped, the VI that was last inserted into the SubPanel, is still inserted according to LV.
      When this happens (and I start the application again) I can't insert that VI into the SubPanel again, I can insert other VIs, but if I try to insert the last Inserted VI, LV says:
      Error 1145: Cannot open VI because it is already in a subpanel control.
      If I try to open the VI's FP, LV opens the FP of the GUI VI that has the SubPanel (just like it should if it was inserted), but the SubPanel is Empty.
      And LV behaves the same, even after the SW stopped?!?!
      When LV stops all SubPanels should be emptied (i.e.all inserted VIs should be thrown out.)

Has anybody else experienced this strange behavior?
      Our framework is doing something that LV doesn't like of, but I haven't figured it out yet.
      We do see one strange behavior as well.
      We start up the framework with a VI that kicks off some processes (just like you do in Actor Framework), and when the framework starts up and starts inserting stuff in the SubPanels, the Top VI becomes broken, but it's still running.
      Have you guys seen this as well?

• By Christian Butcher
      I'm writing some LabVIEW software to store and display data from a variety of data sources, mostly through an NI DAQ board.
      I'm displaying the data (stored in an SQLite database) on an XYGraph.
      I would like to have a toggle-able, probably semi-transparent box listing each of the plots on the graph, with the option to turn the plots on/off by clicking, along with some grouping of similar plots (all temperature measurements, or all measurements from experiment #5, etc).
      The Bloomy post at http://www.ni.com/newsletter/51918/en/ gives me semi-transparent panels pretty easily (in fact, this can conceivably be tri-state, since I have on, off and invisible :D)
      I've already programmed a simple multi-column listbox for something else in this project that switches symbols and handles double-click, mouse up/down, etc, so I could maybe use a modified version of that to hold my plots.
      I have never successfully used an XControl for anything, but when I come to problems involving collections of strange custom controls, I always think, is this what an XControl is for?
      So, do I need an XControl here? Or will I just be diving into another rabbit-hole leading to yet another unsuccessful XControl attempt? If so, what should I be using instead?
      In case it matters, the bulk of the project uses NI's Actor Framework to handle separate sections, and the graph is inside a subpanel, inside another subpanel.
      Some images of current pieces. The parent holds the scrollbar, and my current no-op (except show/hide on the little menu button bottom left) overlay (not at all transparent). The child holds the actual graph, and an ugly global variable mean (I needed it quickly for a colleague's use...). The child is embedded in a subpanel of the parent (above the scrollbar) and the parent is embedded in a subpanel of the MainUI's 'Actor Core.vi'.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.