left and right volume control

A few comments on the LabVIEW code in general:

- You don't have anything that paces your VI (such as a Wait until next multiple), so your VI will run as fast as it can, putting an unnecessary load on the CPU

- Instead of initializing and clearing the task inside the while loop, you can perform those tasks outside of the loop. Look at the examples that ship with LabVIEW 

14 hours ago, ShaunR said:

If you right-click on the icon for setting the volume and select "Select Type>>Array"; you can enter more than one value.

Thanks for comment but it's not working. sound is coming in both left and right.

On 6/21/2016 at 4:54 PM, ShaunR said:

If you right-click on the icon for setting the volume and select "Select Type>>Array"; you can enter more than one value.

Nice to know. I hate settings that are tucked away in menu options like that. Such little discoverability for somebody trying to grok the API.

Wonder why the polymorphic selector is not visible? Just checked and by default if the VI is dropped from the palette it is hidden.

Edited by Neil Pate
On 6/25/2016 at 0:48 PM, Neil Pate said:

Wonder why the polymorphic selector is not visible? Just checked and by default if the VI is dropped from the palette it is hidden.

I can see an argument for hiding the selector some times.  I mean what if every primitive had a selector showing you all the options it supported?  If the Add function always had a selector, and you to pick U8, U16, U32, U64, I8, I16...etc it would seem like a bunch of wasted space for the selector when most of the time you just want it to automatically pick based on the data type inputs.  But there are times when it isn't clear that a function works this way, and it is somewhat tribal knowledge.  Where were you when you discovered the Open VI Reference accepted a VI Path, or a VI name?  In this case I can see the developer saying, that the use case is going to be both channels 99% of the time so hiding this selector means saving space for 99% of the people, and then irking 1% of them.