• Similar Content

• By WILSTi
      Hello,

I'm developing an application to play "Battleship" with another opponent through serial communication. I currently have the following difficulty:
       I have not been able to fill the Array with my opponent's ships, I can modify a position, but by changing the position, the result of the previous position returns to its original value.
      VI operation:

For my turn, using the radio buttons, I select the coordinate and press the SEND button. My opponent answers me with a 1 if I hit or with a 0 if I failed, this data is what I couldn't keep in the array.
      Best regards,
      3Q.vi
    • By Chen Li
      The program obtains the number of messages in the hardware buffer through ZCAN_GetReceiveNum function, and then calls ZCAN Receive to complete the received data. When the amount of data reaches 1000 frames / s, the program will crash.
      UINT ZCAN_Receive(CHANNEL_HANDLE channel_handle,  ZCAN_Receive_Data* pReceive,  UINT len,  INT wait_time = -1);

I think there is something wrong with creating the parameter array ZCAN Receive Data* pReceive. Has anyone ever encountered a similar problem?

Receive.zip
    • By Taylorh140
      I find myself frequently looking for a good pattern for collecting a pool of array elements until they reach a certain size and then removing the oldest elements first. I have used very stupid methods like a bunch of feedback nodes being fed into an build array node. But today I thought up one that I really enjoyed and I thought that I'd share it. Its a simple pattern and no crossing wires . Perhaps someone has thought of something better, if so don't hesitate to share.

• By X___
      For those who have been playing with malleable VIs, the Type Specialization Structure has probably become a common sight and much abused tool.
      The basic use of it is that if the action it performs is meaningless given one of the inputs, the included code will break and the next case will be tried.
      This is great, but sometimes, it can be difficult to think of all possible variants of an action, and in particular, if the action needs to be different for two or more types, but two or more types are compatible with different codes, how to make sure which code will be executed with what type?
      Enters the Types Must Match function:

I found this little gem in... Hidden Gems, within an odd-looking VI which I felt compelled to check out, Debug Write.vim

Open its diagram and light will shine, opening grandiose vistas and parallel universes remaining to be explored.
      Of course, as the comment on the diagram says:
      "This structure and the type-testing primitive functions it contains are not public LabVIEW features. They are experimental and should not be edited, copied, or used in other VIs without conducting extensive testing. See Context Help for details."
      Here is the context help for Types Must Match:

My apologies if this all well-known among expert users, but I couldn't find it mentioned otherwise on the site...
    • By hooovahh
      Here is the Hooovahh Array VIMs.  This initial release contains 14 VIMs for manipulating array data, which are intended to replace OpenG functionality, but with the added benefit of data type propagation, and increased performance using newer array manipulation techniques.  In later versions other Array manipulation functions were added moving all the OpenG stuff to their own palette.
      Most of the OpenG functions are unchanged, but a few use the newer conditional and concatenating tunnels.  And a few functions have added performance based on other inputs.  For instance the Delete Array Elements can operate in a more efficient way if the input indexes are already sorted.  The Filter 1D array can also be more efficient if the input is known to not contain any duplicates.
      Because these packages contain VIMs, they require LabVIEW 2017 or newer.  Having these functions be VIMs mean all functions work with various array data types.  Included functions are:
      Conditional Auto-Indexing Tunnel Delete Elements from (1D or 2D) Array Filter 1D Array Index (1D or 2D) Array Remove Duplicates from 1D Array Reorder (1D or 2D) Array Reverse 1D Array Slice 1D Array Sort (1D or 2D) Array Convert 1D to 2D Convert 2D to 1D Find Subarray Force Array Min/Max Size Foreign Key Sort

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.