The ability to adjust a numeric value by dragging the mouse

@thols, it's doable, I may do it for further fun ;)

@ShaunR, nah, just event structure and Input Device Control pallete. Attached the LV8.5 version if you want to take a look. Implementing it in XControl would be cumbersome as it needs to pool the mouse continously. (Plus I removed XControls entirely from my "technology toolbox" a long time ago, together with tons of problems they cause).

DragNumeric.vi

I usually """solve""" this kind of thing with placing a full-window transparent control over everything and showing it on mouse down and hiding on mouse up event. Fails miserably with multi-pane front panels and have to be extra careful for z-order.

Quick n dirty, the way I do LV.

1 hour ago, PiDi said:

Plus I removed XControls entirely from my "technology toolbox" a long time ago, together with tons of problems they cause

I know what you mean. I have the same view about ActiveX and .NET. But XControls aren't as bad as those technologies and, although a lot of work to make them robust, they are worth it is some scenarios.

image.png.831bfd72cca564b10b311c90c7c516e7.png