Special LabVIEW version wish

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you're talkin'! Coding up a complex app could become the new high-intensity work-out! :laugh:

All those fitness-clubs going bankrupt, how bad...

...but on the other hand, doctors would let patients learn LV instead of sending them to the mountains for cure. :laugh:

Bad 3D code would probably look like this

Hillarious, reminds me those "domino-days" (endless raining days in my childhood), working on room wide (sometimes even homewide) domino constructions together with Lego, Playmobil,... :thumbup:

Hillarious, reminds me those "domino-days" (endless raining days in my childhood), working on room wide (sometimes even homewide) domino constructions together with Lego, Playmobil,... :thumbup:

Well Didier,

you can always return to those 'good ol' days'. Here in the Netherlands there is some company that almost every 2 years the domino world record attack. The down-side is you have too stay for weeks in small vacation homes with low wages, but than you get something...

Domino Day

Send them a mail if you're interested, it would be nice to see the LV-logo morph into the LAVA-logo :D

Ton

Bad 3D code would probably look like this
That seems to be running with execution highlighting! :D

A prime example of a cool Goldberg machine is Honda's Cog ad where they ransacked 2 Accords to make a two minute long machine with a cool line at the end. Then of course, there are the various "Incredible Machine" games. :worship:

you can always return to those 'good ol' days'. Here in the Netherlands there is some company that almost every 2 years the domino world record attack. The down-side is you have too stay for weeks in small vacation homes with low wages, but than you get something...

Domino Day

I know of this Domino-Day and never miss to watch it on TV (even that I don't owe a TV, fortunately my mother-in-law owes one).

A prime example of a cool Goldberg machine is Honda's Cog ad where they ransacked 2 Accords to make a two minute long machine with a cool line at the end. Then of course, there are the various "Incredible Machine" games. :worship:

Someone built up this "Incredible Machine" and was (hopefully) paid for that... Where do I have to apply for this job?? :P

• 5 months later...
The 3D control is Active X but the 3D Picture Control is an extension to the well known Picture Control implementing some 3D object drawings, using the OpenGL extension LabVIEW has been linking to for several versions now to implement their new (and IMO ugly) 3D control style. The extension to the Picture control is really available since 7.0 but NI only released a Beta-Test Toolkit to make use of it with LabVIEW 7.1 and being marked as a Toolkit LabVIEW 7.1 refuses to safe it back to 7.0 :angry:

As to 3D programming in LabVIEW I'm afraid I won't benefit much of such a feature. My left eye is basically lame so all those 3D hypes in the past were leaving me with some curiosity as to how 3D visisbility would really look like.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Hi Rolf!

I think you have better sight than you expect. :) If we get geat REAL 3D monitors, i.e. they can show depth from focus, have stereopsis and show parallax shift when you move your head, then Rolf (and all of us) could get a decent 3D experience on our computer monitors. :thumbup:

As far as the required 3D technique, I have no idea if anything like this has been done. :question:

/Lars-G