How to get RID! of msn.com in start page...

Let's get to the point..

I HATE MSN.COM~!!~!~~!~

My F@$!#@$#!@%$#%ing nefew went on a chat channel (not MSN, but through a portal... of some sort). :oops:

Now my BLOODY!!! start page is always MSN (DOES IT get ANY more AGreVatinG than THIS!!!???!?!? except for caps lock abuse, of course...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

SO, YES!!! I've tried all the conventional methods to restore start pages (tools, Internet options, home page address) and (tools, Internet options, programs, reset web settings), to doing a FULL search for ANY msn.com text in ALL files on my BLOODY!!!! PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. AND CHANGING the bloody msn.com to my usual address.... in ALLL the bLOODY text files!!!

(DO I sound frustrated, yet???)

In any case.... Everytime I change that BLOODY!!!!!! address, it immediately reverts back to msn.com!!

Damn nefew!! Forever forbidden to touching any of the PC's in our house... :nono:

But apart from re-installing bloody windoze, is there a way from getting rid of MSN???

OK!! stop laughing!! this is serious... Bloody PC is posessed by the devil!! Billy Hell Gates!! :angry:

help!! I'm going nuts... :blink:

(oh no... imagine alfa helping out on this one... ;) )

Format/s c:

There is spyware out there on those "free" sites that will load up stuff that automatically "fixes" your home page sttings and stuff.

I use "Spy Sweeper" from Webroot because they had a free trail offer going. It fixed up my PC and has kept it very boring.

But then again...

I was the one who didn't know enough to post an image of my muppet.

Ben

Hey Joe,

Try using Ad-Aware and Spybot - Search and Destroy. These free utilities do a fairly good job of filtering out maliciuos buggers that can find their way onto your system. Try doing a full search using ad-aware if the "smart" search doesn't fix it. I'm going to guess that its some setting in the registry, but without a road map, unless you know the neighborhood, its a dangerous place to play in "all-by-yourself".

Although, that danger hasen't stopped me from braving it from time to time... ;)

Hope this helps,

-Pete Liiva.

I HATE MSN.COM~!!~!~~!~

My F@$!#@$#!@%$#%ing nefew went on a chat channel (not MSN, but through a portal... of some sort). :oops:

[...]

(oh no... imagine alfa helping out on this one... ;) )

oops :blink: It's good to see, I am not the only one, who sometimes likes to threaten this dumb brick with a chainsaw: "PRINT, or you will regret it" ;)

hmm ... alfa, I guess, he will simply count you to the other 97,9% ;)

(SCNR)

<BIGGRINN>

cheers,

CB

hmm ... alfa, I guess, he will simply count you to the other 97,9% ;)

Yes.. That's exactly what I'd be afraid of... then it would push the pencentage to 98.0%..

I gatta stop reading his messages.. He's way too depressed. And to think that he wants gov't assistance $$$ for him to publish a book that says the gov't is stupid and 97.9% of Canadians are stupid.. well.. he's stupid!! To insult the people that actually support such a thing with our hard-earned $$$, that's just not right.

Parasites.. :thumbdown: that's what it is ... a parasite.. :headbang: